Value of a Certificate Program
A certificate program provides a mechanism to demonstrate knowledge and competence in a special area of practice, promotes standards of excellence and identifies those who have met a high level of competence and a nationally recognized standard.
The programs provide an excellent opportunity for continuing professional development, a credential that is sought by employers, and a means to enhance credibility and accountability as a team member.
Certificate Programs are educational opportunities for MRTs to enhance theoretical and clinical skills. The certificate programs do not certify an individual to work as a MRT in Canada. Refer to the Certification section of the website for more information on how to become certified.
- Breast Imaging
- Computed Tomography Imaging
- CT Therapy
- Interventional Radiology
The CAMRT Certificate Programs are available to:
- CAMRT full practice members
- Non-members who have been certified by CAMRT
- Internationally educated medical radiation technologists (IEMRTs) who are graduates of medical radiation technology programs*
* See Program Handbook for required documentation PRIOR to starting the clinical component.
Each Certificate Program has two components and successful completion of both is required.
- Didactic – full length / QSS courses
- Clinical – Summary of Clinical Competence for assessment of clinical skills and decision making
Clinical Advisors/Delegated Assessors
All CAMRT certificate programs require the candidate to have a clinical advisor for the clinical component of the program.