This Awards Program was established by CAMRT-ATL to showcase the talent and professionalism of CAMRT-ATL members and students enrolled in accredited medical radiation technology education programs.
CAMRT-ATL Compassionate Carer Award
Presented to an MRT who demonstrates outstanding devotion to patient care. The nominee must be a member of CAMRT-ATL.
To be considered for this award the nominee will have demonstrated patient care skills in the following areas:
- Demonstrates exceptional empathy, compassion, kindness, and patience towards those in their care
- Demonstrates safe and comforting experiences for patients and families in their care
- Promotes and supports respect, equitable treatment, and care, through a bias and barrier-free environment in their workplace
- Actively listens to patients and their families, taking the time to answer all their questions
- inspires confidence and trust in patients
- raises the standards of patient care in their workplace
- Promotes and support culturally safe and compassionate care
- Creates a culture of openness
- Displays exemplary attention to patient safety and confidentiality
CAMRT-ATL – Mentorship Award
Presented to an MRT who exemplifies the ability to foster relationships with co-workers and students, and who inspires professional excellence through personal example and professional activities. The nominee must be a member of CAMRT-ATL.
To be considered for this award, the nominee will have demonstrated mentorship skills in the following areas:
- Serves as a role model by maintaining high standards for excellence within their own discipline
- Demonstrates commitment to personal and professional development
- Values diverse perspectives
- Creates a positive, trusting relationship amongst colleagues
- Generously shares their time to developing others through guidance and instruction
- Provides objective and honest feedback when asked
- Promotes and champions the contributions and value of their colleagues
- Encourages learning new skills, increasing confidence and improved decision making.
CAMRT-ATL Early Professional Achievement Award
The Early Professional Achievement award is presented to an MRT who has displayed dedication, leadership, and professionalism at an early stage in their career. The nominee must be in the first 5 years of practice. The nominee must be a member of CAMRT-ATL.
To be considered for this award, the nominee will have demonstrated professional contribution in the following areas:
- Is a positive influence in their workplace
- Displays professional pride and advocates for the profession
- Displays high level of leadership in the profession for their experience level
- Demonstrates an eagerness to learn and participate in continuing education
- Dedicated involvement in the profession and professional volunteer opportunities
- Displays enthusiasm that is empowering and inspiring others
- Promotes and develops innovative practice within the profession
Sponsored by Higgins Insurance, the CAMRT-ATL Student Scholarship is available to any student, in the final year of their program, who has received didactic or clinical education in Atlantic Canada.
To be eligible, the student must be a CAMRT student member and provide proof of didactic or clinical education from their accredited educational institution. A winner will be chosen at random.
CAMRT-ATL Career Excellence Award
The Professional Achievement and Career Excellence Award is presented to a MRT who has demonstrated genuine dedication to their profession during their career. The nominee must have at least 10 years of experience as an MRT. The nominee must be a member of CAMRT-ATL.
To be considered for this award, the nominee will have demonstrated career excellence in the following areas:
- Engages in profession-related volunteer roles at the provincial and/or national level
- Embodies respect, integrity, and professionalism
- Displays a career long passion for the profession
- Contributes to the advancement of the profession
- Mentored other leaders in the profession
- Motivates others through their leadership
- Demonstrates an enduring commitment to advocacy for the MRT profession