A request for exam accommodations must be submitted in writing to the CAMRT. The request must be submitted before the exam registration deadline of the sitting that the individual wishes to attend. This applies for both first write and any re-writes of the exam. All requests will be handled on a confidential and individual basis.
Please complete the Exam Accommodations Request Form and attach required documentation as listed below. Send it to the CAMRT Manager of Certification before the exam registration deadline of the sitting you wish to attend.
- a clear statement of the nature of the disability and its severity;
- a clear and concise description of the exam accommodations requested;
- documentation demonstrating that similar accommodations were provided to the candidate during their education program
- supporting documentation, from a healthcare or counselling professional which:
- indicates an assessment was done on the candidate;
- describes the candidate’s current functional limitation;
- supports the request for the specific accommodations made by the candidate
All medical documentation must be current within six (6) months of the date of application to write the exam. If the medical documentation, i.e. if the report or letter is not current within six (6) months of the date of the candidate’s application, the applicant must include a letter from a healthcare or counselling professional indicating that they have reviewed the supporting medical documentation and concur that the accommodations set out within it remain valid for the candidate for the purposes of the CAMRT certification exam on the date of the proposed sitting of the exam.
In making their decision, the CAMRT must ensure that granting the accommodations request will not compromise the validity and integrity of the certification exam.