Meet the President
The President of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) is Megan Brydon.
Megan is a Nuclear Medicine Technologist working as a PACS Application Specialist at the IWK Health Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia. She earned her MSc in Community Health and Epidemiology and a BHSc in Nuclear Medicine Technology from Dalhousie University.
Over the years, Megan has been an enthusiastic and dedicated CAMRT volunteer. She participated in multiple initiatives, including the Professional Practice Advisory Council (as Nuclear Medicine Technology Chair), the Young Professionals Advisory Council, and the National Network for Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists, to name a few. During her impressive career, she also served the NSAMRT in various roles, most recently as President. In this capacity, she represented the association at the Nova Scotia Network of Regulated Health Professionals, the Alliance of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists Regulators of Canada, and the Atlantic Medical Radiation Technologists Accord.
Megan is actively involved in research and a passionate advocate for MRT wellness, supporting resiliency and wellness training for MRTs as essential skills. An ardent believer in valuing the technologist over the technology, she is dialled into the tone and culture of MRT practice in a way that lends itself to identifying broader trends and solutions.
Meet the CEO
The Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) is Irving Gold.
Irving comes to CAMRT with two decades of experience in research environments, government relations and advocacy, and association leadership. His career has been defined by an unrelenting commitment to education in healthcare and the health of Canadians.
From 2015 to 2019, Irving led Resident Doctors of Canada, representing over 10,000 resident doctors across the country. Prior to joining Resident Doctors of Canada, he held Vice President roles at two healthcare organizations, the Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS) and the Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada. Irving has also served on several Boards of Directors as both President and in other executive roles.
Irving holds three post-secondary degrees: a Bachelor’s in Sociology from McGill University, a Master’s in Sociology from the University of Ottawa, and a Master’s degree in Applied Criminology, also from the University of Ottawa. He also holds the status of PhD (ABD) in Sociology from McMaster University. Born and raised in Montreal and fluently bilingual; when he is not working, Irving spends his time raising and going on adventures with his two amazing children, Samuel and Eliana.
Board of Directors
||Megan Brydon, RTNM, FCAMRT|
|Past-President||Gailyne MacPherson, MA, CHE, RTR, ACR|
|Vice-President / Manitoba||Jenna MacLaine, RTR, CTIC, FCAMRT|
|Treasurer / British Columbia||Kristy Owen, RTNM|
|Alberta||Jennifer Brown, RTR|
|Saskatchewan||Ada Bunko, RTT, CTRT|
|Ontario||Jennifer DiNucci, RTR, RTMR|
|Quebec||Marie-Pier Chagnon, RTT|
|New Brunswick||Crystal Bevans, BHSc, RTNM, CTIC (NM)|
|Nova Scotia||Miranda Thomson, BHS, RTR|
|Prince Edward Island||Tyler Ferrish, RTNM, RTMR, BSc, BHSc|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Dorothy Bennett, RTR|
Committees of the CAMRT
The work of the CAMRT is supported by a valued corps of committed volunteers who contribute their time and expertise to advance the mission and strategic goals of the association.
Committees of the Board of Directors
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Board Committees
- Board Education Committee
- Strategic Planning Steering Committee
- CEO Performance Management Committee
- Honorary Award Committee
- Operational Committees
- Education Advisory Council
- Exam Validation Committee – Magnetic Resonance, RT
- Exam Validation Committee – Nuclear Medicine, RT
- Exam Validation Committee – Radiation Therapy, RT
- Exam Validation Committee – Radiological Technology, RT
- Certificate in Breast Imaging Committee
- CT Imaging Certificate Committee
- Certificate in Dosimetry Committee
- Certificate in Interventional Radiology Committee
- Fellowship Committee
- Professional Practices
- Best Practice Guidelines Committee
- APRT Certification Committee
- Research Grant Committee
- Professional Practice Advisory Council
- Communications & Advocacy
- Editorial Board
- Advocacy Advisory Council
- Membership & Events
- National Advisory Council on Conferences & Events
- CAMRT-BC Provincial Advisory Council
- Annual General Conference Host Committee
- Ad Hoc Committees, Task Forces & Workgroups
- From time to time, the board may appoint a group of volunteers to undertake a project of limited duration.
- Representatives to External Organizations
- Associated Sciences Consortium (ASC)
- Canada Safe Imaging
- Canadian Breast Screening Initiative (CBSI)
- Canadian Partnership for Quality Radiotherapy (CPQR)
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI)
- CANM-CARS Regulatory Consultative Group/ Good Manufacturing Practices for SPECT Working Group
- International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists (ISRRT)
- Organization for Health Action
Interested in volunteering with CAMRT? Click here to view current opportunities.