Meet the President
The President of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) is Gailyne MacPherson, RTR, ACR. Ms. MacPherson began her presidential term on July 1, 2018 and will continue in the position until June 30, 2020.
Graduating in Radiological Technology from the Charlottetown Hospital Scool of Radiography in 1981, Gailyne quickly followed up with an advanced certification in radiologic technology (ACR). Her career has seen Gailyne work in a number of settings, from small rural setting to the larger setting in Charlottetown – and before becoming a manager she had years of experience the front line. From there, Gailyne moved to a position in quality and risk, into management and now works as the Head of Diagnostic Imaging for Prince Edward Island. This leadership role has provided a new and different lens through which Gailyne can view the important role of the MRT in the care of patients.
Passionate about leadership in health, Gailyne graduated with a Master of Arts in Leadership in 2012, from Royal Roads University and was granted the designation of Certified Health Leader in 2014.
Ms MacPherson has been a long-time and active volunteer in professional associations throughout her career. First a member of the Prince Edward Island Association of Medical Radiation Technologists, she worked on the initial PEI regulations for radiation safety. More recently, she has been a tireless volunteer for the CAMRT working on various initiatives from Professional practice, to Leadership Development, and ultimately the Board of Directors. Prior to her election as CAMRT President, Gailyne served as CAMRT Vice President from 2016-2018.
After many years in the profession, Gailyne still has tremendous passion for the profession and for the work that MRTs do:
The ability to influence patient and family experience in a healthcare interaction is what drives me to do what I do. This ability binds us together across settings, across disciplines, and across geography. Every interaction matters. Creating a culture to support this is really important to me. In the words of Theodore Roosevelt “ Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.”
Meet the CEO
The Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) is Irving Gold.
Irving comes to CAMRT with two decades of experience in research environments, government relations and advocacy, and association leadership. His career has been defined by an unrelenting commitment to education in healthcare and the health of Canadians.
From 2015 to 2019, Irving led Resident Doctors of Canada, representing over 10,000 resident doctors across the country. Prior to joining Resident Doctors of Canada, he held Vice President roles at two healthcare organizations, the Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS) and the Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada. Irving has also served on several Boards of Directors as both President and in other executive roles.
Irving holds three post-secondary degrees: a Bachelor’s in Sociology from McGill University, a Master’s in Sociology from the University of Ottawa, and a Master’s degree in Applied Criminology, also from the University of Ottawa. He also holds the status of PhD (ABD) in Sociology from McMaster University. Born and raised in Montreal and fluently bilingual; when he is not working, Irving spends his time raising and going on adventures with his two amazing children, Samuel (15) and Eliana (13).
Board of Directors
Back row (left to right): Meena Amlani (BC), Tanya Dickey (PEI), Dorothy Bennett (NL), Gailyne MacPherson (President), Marie-Pier Chagnon (QC), Liz Lorusso (ON). Front row (left to right): Sandra Luke (MB), Jennifer Carey (NB), Susan Fawcett (AB), Jonathan Bower (NS). Missing: Ada Bunko (SK)
|President||Gailyne MacPherson, RTR, ACR|
|Sandra Luke, RTR, ACR, RTMR|
|Jennifer Carey, RTR, CTIC|
|British Columbia||Meena Amlani, RTR|
|Alberta||Susan Fawcett, RTT|
|Saskatchewan||Ada Bunko, RTT, CTRT|
|Ontario||Liz Lorusso, RTR, RTMR, BSc|
|Quebec||Marie-Pier Chagnon, RTT|
|Nova Scotia||Jonathan Bower, RTNM|
|Prince Edward Island||Tanya Dickey, RTR, RTMR|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Dorothy Bennett, RTR|
Committees of the CAMRT
The work of the CAMRT is supported by a valued corps of committed volunteers who contribute their time and expertise to advance the mission and strategic goals of the association.
Committees of the Board of Directors
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Board Committees
- Board Education Committee
- Strategic Planning Steering Committee
- CEO Performance Management Committee
- Honorary Award Committee
- Operational Committees
- Education Advisory Council
- Exam Validation Committee – Magnetic Resonance, RT
- Exam Validation Committee – Nuclear Medicine, RT
- Exam Validation Committee – Radiation Therapy, RT
- Exam Validation Committee – Radiological Technology, RT
- Certificate in Breast Imaging Committee
- CT Imaging Certificate Committee
- Certificate in Dosimetry Committee
- Fellowship Committee
- Certificate in Interventional Radiology Committee
- Professional Practices
- Best Practice Guidelines Committee
- Future Technology Advisory Council
- Leadership Development Committee
- Professional Practice Advisory Council
- Communications & Advocacy
- Editorial Board
- Research Grant Committee
- Advocacy Advisory Council
- Membership & Events
- National Advisory Council on Conferences & Events
- Young Professionals Advisory Council
- CAMRT-BC Provincial Advisory Council
- Annual General Conference Host Committee
- Ad Hoc Committees, Task Forces & Workgroups
- From time to time, the board may appoint a group of volunteers to undertake a project of limited duration.
- Representatives to External Organizations
- Associated Sciences Consortium (ASC)
- Canada Safe Imaging
- Canadian Breast Screening Initiative (CBSI)
- Canadian Partnership for Quality Radiotherapy (CPQR)
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI)
- CANM-CARS Regulatory Consultative Group/ Good Manufacturing Practices for SPECT Working Group
- International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists (ISRRT)
- Organization for Health Action
Interested in volunteering with CAMRT? Click here to view current opportunities.