Meet the President
The President of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) is Jennifer Carey, M.Org.M, BHSc, RTR. Ms. Carey began her presidential term on July 1, 2020 and will continue in the position until June 30, 2022.
A graduate of Mount Allison University with a Bachelor of Sciences, and the University of New Brunswick in Health Sciences with a Major in Radiologic Technology, Jenn began her career as an MRT at the Moncton Hospital in 2009. In her MRT role, she worked in various clinical environments, including outpatient clinics, orthopedic clinics, OR, Trauma, GI Clinics, ICU units before landing in the CT department. In 2016, Jenn transitioned to education, taking on a clinical instructor role at the Moncton Hospital School of Radiologic Technology. There, Jenn instructs MRTs of the future in the clinical environment, coordinating their rotations and acting as a liaison for the school with the Medical Imaging Department at the Hospital. She also graduated from Crandall University in 2017 with a Master of Organizational Management.
Jenn has been a long-time and active volunteer at both the national and provincial levels in the MRT profession. From very early in her MRT career, Jenn joined the New Brunswick Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (NBAMRT) as Vice President, a role she occupied from 2011-2013. In 2013, Jenn became President of the NBAMRT, and served in that role for 4 years. Her departure from the NBAMRT Presidency coincided with her first term as CAMRT Director in 2017. Following her re-election to the CAMRT Board in 2019, she was subsequently elected CAMRT President by her fellow Board members. In addition to these many leadership roles, Jenn has also been an active contributor to professional practice at CAMRT, serving on the CAMRT Professional Practice Advisory Council from 2013 to present (with the last 4 years as chair) as well as the Choosing Wisely Canada Working Group.
Jenn has an enormous passion for the MRT profession.
“For the next two years, I will do my very best to be the voice of MRTs across the country. And knowing I have all of these amazing people behind me, makes that task much less daunting.”
Meet the CEO
The Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) is Irving Gold.
Irving comes to CAMRT with two decades of experience in research environments, government relations and advocacy, and association leadership. His career has been defined by an unrelenting commitment to education in healthcare and the health of Canadians.
From 2015 to 2019, Irving led Resident Doctors of Canada, representing over 10,000 resident doctors across the country. Prior to joining Resident Doctors of Canada, he held Vice President roles at two healthcare organizations, the Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS) and the Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada. Irving has also served on several Boards of Directors as both President and in other executive roles.
Irving holds three post-secondary degrees: a Bachelor’s in Sociology from McGill University, a Master’s in Sociology from the University of Ottawa, and a Master’s degree in Applied Criminology, also from the University of Ottawa. He also holds the status of PhD (ABD) in Sociology from McMaster University. Born and raised in Montreal and fluently bilingual; when he is not working, Irving spends his time raising and going on adventures with his two amazing children, Samuel (15) and Eliana (13).
Board of Directors
Back row (left to right): Meena Amlani (BC), Tanya Dickey (PEI), Dorothy Bennett (NL), Gailyne MacPherson (President), Marie-Pier Chagnon (QC), Liz Lorusso (ON). Front row (left to right): Sandra Luke (MB), Jennifer Carey (NB), Susan Fawcett (AB), Jonathan Bower (NS). Missing: Ada Bunko (SK)
|President||Jennifer Carey, RTR, CTIC|
|Past-President||Gailyne MacPherson, MA, CHE, RTR, ACR|
|Marie-Pier Chagnon, RTT|
|Liz Lorusso, RTR, RTMR, BSc|
|British Columbia||Kristy Owen, RTNM|
|Alberta||Susan Fawcett, RTT, BSc, MA|
|Saskatchewan||Ada Bunko, RTT, CTRT|
|Manitoba||Jenna MacLaine, RTR|
|New Brunswick (Director-At-Large)
||Crystal Bevan, BHSc, RTNM, CTIC (NM)|
|Nova Scotia||Megan Brydon, RTNM|
|Prince Edward Island||Tanya Dickey, RTR, RTMR|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Dorothy Bennett, RTR|
Committees of the CAMRT
The work of the CAMRT is supported by a valued corps of committed volunteers who contribute their time and expertise to advance the mission and strategic goals of the association.
Committees of the Board of Directors
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Board Committees
- Board Education Committee
- Strategic Planning Steering Committee
- CEO Performance Management Committee
- Honorary Award Committee
- Operational Committees
- Education Advisory Council
- Exam Validation Committee – Magnetic Resonance, RT
- Exam Validation Committee – Nuclear Medicine, RT
- Exam Validation Committee – Radiation Therapy, RT
- Exam Validation Committee – Radiological Technology, RT
- Certificate in Breast Imaging Committee
- CT Imaging Certificate Committee
- Certificate in Dosimetry Committee
- Fellowship Committee
- Certificate in Interventional Radiology Committee
- Professional Practices
- Best Practice Guidelines Committee
- Future Technology Advisory Council
- Leadership Development Committee
- Professional Practice Advisory Council
- Communications & Advocacy
- Editorial Board
- Research Grant Committee
- Advocacy Advisory Council
- Membership & Events
- National Advisory Council on Conferences & Events
- Young Professionals Advisory Council
- CAMRT-BC Provincial Advisory Council
- Annual General Conference Host Committee
- Ad Hoc Committees, Task Forces & Workgroups
- From time to time, the board may appoint a group of volunteers to undertake a project of limited duration.
- Representatives to External Organizations
- Associated Sciences Consortium (ASC)
- Canada Safe Imaging
- Canadian Breast Screening Initiative (CBSI)
- Canadian Partnership for Quality Radiotherapy (CPQR)
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI)
- CANM-CARS Regulatory Consultative Group/ Good Manufacturing Practices for SPECT Working Group
- International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists (ISRRT)
- Organization for Health Action
Interested in volunteering with CAMRT? Click here to view current opportunities.