Meet the President
As of August 12, 2021, Jennifer Carey, RTR elected to resign her role as CAMRT President for personal reasons. We thank Jenn for her leadership as President, and for her 4+ years of service on the CAMRT Board of Directors.
Marie-Pier Chagnon, RTT, entering her second year as Vice President, will assume the duties of the President on an interim basis. She will be supported by the full CAMRT Board and on the Executive by Treasurer, Liz Lorusso, and Past President, Gailyne MacPherson.
Meet the CEO
The Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) is Irving Gold.
Irving comes to CAMRT with two decades of experience in research environments, government relations and advocacy, and association leadership. His career has been defined by an unrelenting commitment to education in healthcare and the health of Canadians.
From 2015 to 2019, Irving led Resident Doctors of Canada, representing over 10,000 resident doctors across the country. Prior to joining Resident Doctors of Canada, he held Vice President roles at two healthcare organizations, the Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS) and the Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada. Irving has also served on several Boards of Directors as both President and in other executive roles.
Irving holds three post-secondary degrees: a Bachelor’s in Sociology from McGill University, a Master’s in Sociology from the University of Ottawa, and a Master’s degree in Applied Criminology, also from the University of Ottawa. He also holds the status of PhD (ABD) in Sociology from McMaster University. Born and raised in Montreal and fluently bilingual; when he is not working, Irving spends his time raising and going on adventures with his two amazing children, Samuel (15) and Eliana (13).
Board of Directors
|Marie-Pier Chagnon, RTT|
|Past-President||Gailyne MacPherson, MA, CHE, RTR, ACR|
|Liz Lorusso, RTR, RTMR, BSc|
|British Columbia||Kristy Owen, RTNM|
|Alberta||Jennifer Brown, RTR|
|Saskatchewan||Ada Bunko, RTT, CTRT|
|Manitoba||Jenna MacLaine, RTR|
|New Brunswick (Director-At-Large)
||Crystal Bevans, BHSc, RTNM, CTIC (NM)|
|Nova Scotia||Megan Brydon, RTNM|
|Prince Edward Island||Tanya Dickey, RTR, RTMR|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Dorothy Bennett, RTR|
Committees of the CAMRT
The work of the CAMRT is supported by a valued corps of committed volunteers who contribute their time and expertise to advance the mission and strategic goals of the association.
Committees of the Board of Directors
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Board Committees
- Board Education Committee
- Strategic Planning Steering Committee
- CEO Performance Management Committee
- Honorary Award Committee
- Operational Committees
- Education Advisory Council
- Exam Validation Committee – Magnetic Resonance, RT
- Exam Validation Committee – Nuclear Medicine, RT
- Exam Validation Committee – Radiation Therapy, RT
- Exam Validation Committee – Radiological Technology, RT
- Certificate in Breast Imaging Committee
- CT Imaging Certificate Committee
- Certificate in Dosimetry Committee
- Fellowship Committee
- Certificate in Interventional Radiology Committee
- Professional Practices
- Best Practice Guidelines Committee
- Future Technology Advisory Council
- Leadership Development Committee
- Professional Practice Advisory Council
- Communications & Advocacy
- Editorial Board
- Research Grant Committee
- Advocacy Advisory Council
- Membership & Events
- National Advisory Council on Conferences & Events
- Young Professionals Advisory Council
- CAMRT-BC Provincial Advisory Council
- Annual General Conference Host Committee
- Ad Hoc Committees, Task Forces & Workgroups
- From time to time, the board may appoint a group of volunteers to undertake a project of limited duration.
- Representatives to External Organizations
- Associated Sciences Consortium (ASC)
- Canada Safe Imaging
- Canadian Breast Screening Initiative (CBSI)
- Canadian Partnership for Quality Radiotherapy (CPQR)
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI)
- CANM-CARS Regulatory Consultative Group/ Good Manufacturing Practices for SPECT Working Group
- International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists (ISRRT)
- Organization for Health Action
Interested in volunteering with CAMRT? Click here to view current opportunities.