- Graduates of a Canadian accredited MRT education program. Must have graduated within the last 5 years.
- Internationally Educated Medical Radiation Technologists who have had their education and experience assessed and who have been approved to access the certification exam by CAMRT or by a provincial regulatory body. More information linked here.
- 4-hour, 185 multiple-choice question exam
- Offered three (3) times per year in January, May and September
- Offered over 2 days at each sitting to accommodate all candidates
- Computer-based exam delivered by Yardstick Testing and Training
- Effective January 2023: Registrants have the option to write their exam at an approved Canadian test centre or via virtual proctoring. Please see Exam Preparation Guide (linked below) for more information. Candidates must select their preferred method of proctoring (test centre or virtual) when they register. As test centre seats are still limited due to the pandemic, we cannot guarantee a test centre seat. If one is not available within 60 minutes of your preferred location you will be given the option to write the exam using virtual proctoring.
Exam Preparation Guide
Prior to registering for the exam, please carefully review the Exam Preparation Guides.
Registration for an exam is a 2-step process :
- Exam application and payment of $907 exam fee on the CAMRT website, followed by
- Virtual or Test Centre seat booking with on the Yardstick website, followed by payment of the proctoring fee (Virtual Proctoring: $77.33 + tax or Test Centre: $172.59 + tax)
IMPORTANT: All deadlines must be met. Otherwise, you forfeit your opportunity to write the exam at the sitting of your choice. If you are a student member with CAMRT, you already have a user account set up for you.
If you are a CAMRT member and/or have a CAMRT ID and Password Register Here.
If you are not a CAMRT member and have never created a CAMRT account, please register here.
If you need assistance with registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once payment is processed, all registered candidates receive a confirmation e-mail with instructions for booking your test centre of virtual proctoring seat. Please ensure CAMRT is a preferred contact for your email account and ensure to check both your inbox and junk mail to ensure important communication is not missed.
Registration deadlines are strict. Candidates who do not register with both CAMRT and Yardstick before the deadline will have to wait until the next available exam sitting.