Advocacy for the MRT profession at the provincial level, with government and other stakeholders, is an important function of the association in its delivery of provincial member value. CAMRT-BC endeavours to identify and address advocacy needs related to pressing issues for the MRT profession in the province of British Columbia.
The Importance of CAMRT-BC Advocacy
As the voice for its members in the province, the advocacy work undertaken by CAMRT-BC achieves the following (and more):
- Raises the voice of BC MRTs to government and other healthcare decision makers
- Leverages data about the MRT profession to support the need for meaningful change
- Empowers the MRT voice, ensuring MRTs have a “seat at the table”
- Enhances professional networks and collaborations with provincial stakeholders
- Improves public recognition of the vital role MRTs play in BC’s healthcare system
Click the icons below to learn more about advocacy priorities in BC.
Direct member engagement is one of the most important ways for CAMRT-BC to identify its advocacy priorities. CAMRT-BC holds meetings twice a year with the CAMRT-BC Advisory Council to discuss member services in BC, including potential issues for advocacy.
Outside of formal meetings, close connection with site ambassadors, volunteers, and members enables CAMRT-BC to stay up to date on issues impacting the MRT profession. CAMRT-BC works closely with CAMRT staff at the national level to align efforts and leverage data from national surveys, and more. Read about advocacy for MRTs at the national level.
In addition, CAMRT-BC works to maintain and build relations with provincial organizations and stakeholders. Through these networks, CAMRT-BC provides support to other organizations (e.g. through sharing data or reports) and helps support members to address advocacy issues at regional or local levels.
- HSABC meetings for professional associations (held twice a year)
- BC MRI Provincial Supervisors Meeting (held annually as of 2022)
- Invited as a guest in 2022 and 2023
- Professional practice or department meetings
- Attends meetings upon request to answer questions and provide updates to medical imaging or radiation therapy staff at clinical sites across the province
- MRT Educational Program Advisory Committees (PACs)
- College of New Caledonia Medical Radiography/Sonography PAC
- Camosun College Medical Radiography/Allied Health PAC
- BCIT Radiation Therapy PAC
- BCIT Imaging PAC
- BC Coalition of Health Professional Associations (established in 2020)
- Informal meetings that include representatives from all health professional associations in BC (including regulated and unregulated professions)
- CAMRT News Articles About Advocacy
- CAMRT Webinars (Free or discounted for members)
- CAMRT 2023 Conference Session: Our Seat at the Table – Perspectives on the Future of MRT Practice
- CAMRT 2023 Conference Session: Using Data to Drive Change – Case Studies and Shared Learnings from the CAMRT
- MRT Week 2022: Leader as Advocate
- MRT Mental Health: A Call to Action
- CAMRT 2021 Conference Session: The Advocacy Within
Ideas and Issues for Advocacy
Do you have a matter of provincial advocacy that you would like CAMRT-BC to discuss and consider? If so, please contact Sarah Erdelyi at firstname.lastname@example.org.