This is a full-time, permanent position.
The physical office space in Ottawa, Ontario is currently closed due to COVID-19. All staff are working remotely at this time, with access to the office only when necessary and in compliance with current public health recommendations.
Working with a highly productive, functional, and frankly amazing, team, the Membership & Events Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and support of various administrative functions of the Membership & Events department related to member stewardship & support, membership-related data entry, member recruitment, engagement, retention and service delivery.
- As the initial point of contact for members, responds to member inquiries by phone or email with regards to fees, benefits of membership, course or exam deadlines, processes etc.;
- Determines eligibility for reinstatement, limited practice membership and reciprocal membership (OTRQ) in accordance with established guidelines and liaises/advises with provincial organizations accordingly;
- Liaises with provincial organizations and advises them and members regarding transfers, resignations and professional liability insurance. Provides membership supplies to the provincial organizations as needed;
- Maintains currency of information relevant to the Membership & Events department on all CAMRT websites, either via direct basic content updates or by liaising with the appropriate communications or IT personnel, in accordance with website policies and guidelines;
- Responsible for the Online Career Portal, including employer and employee resources and job listings.
Association Management System
Working closely with the Manager, IT/Web:
- Ensures the timely and accurate uploading and entry of dues into the membership database and reconciles with accounting;
- Ensures member records are complete, accurate and adhere to CAMRT standards;
- Identifies areas for improvement to AMS processes and procedures
- Updates Membership-related data-entry user guides
- Designs and maintains useful and accurate membership reports in database and produces monthly, quarterly and annual membership and other statistical reports as required
- Recommends new, or revisions to existing, membership-related policies, by-laws, rules and procedures and categories;
- Completes membership administrative services, such as but not limited to, transfers, resignations, student registrations and general member record keeping
- Ensures compliance with membership-related policies, by-laws, and rules and procedures, and keeps staff and provincial organizations informed of changes as necessary;
Administrative Support for Conferences & Events
- Provides administrative support services such as, but not limited to, conference & event registrations, refunds and cancellations where applicable, packing and shipping of materials to events;
- Responsible for overall preparation and coordination of the Annual General Meeting, including, but not limited to: recruiting volunteers; ensuring orientation of scrutineers and scanners; coordinating logistical requirements of speakers and presenters;
- Assists with preparation and sending of invoices to conference attendees, and exhibitors; and,
- Provides administrative support for other events as appropriate.
- Monitors voice mail and distributes messages
- Manages member survey bounce-backs and unsubscribe requests received via camrt.ca
- Takes on special tasks or projects from time-to-time, as agreed with the Director of Membership & Events
- Post secondary education in an administrative or customer/member service field, and/or equivalent education and experience.
- Prior experience in a member-based association environment with demonstrated understanding of association needs and challenges;
- Fluently bilingual in French and English is considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills for dealing professionally with members, volunteers, students and other organizations;
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel, and a facility with both desktop computers and standard office equipment;
- Strong experience and facility with use of member databases, report generation, and data analysis.
- Exceptional organization skills, and the ability to work under pressure, multitask and to use sound judgement to effectively deal with competing priorities;
- A positive and constructive attitude for improving office systems and procedures, and a willingness to acquire new skills and take on new responsibilities;
- Ability to work in a team and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Familiarity with web content management systems, specifically WordPress is considered an asset
Application deadline is 5PM EDT on Friday January 28th, 2022.