The Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) is seeking a full-time, bilingual Communications Coordinator to join our Advocacy & Communications team at our office in downtown Ottawa.
All qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending a cover letter outlining how they meet the requirements outlined below and a detailed resume to email@example.com by the end of the day on Monday, January 7, 2019.
The CAMRT provides a balanced and positive work environment. It is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and offers a competitive annual salary and a highly attractive and comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all applicants for your interest and regret that we are only able to follow up with candidates invited for an interview.
The Communications Coordinator will support the full range of communications activities carried out within the Advocacy and Communications (AC) department, and provide assistance to communications projects undertaken by other CAMRT departments.
The primary responsibilities of the Communications Coordinator are: assisting with the development and delivery of content for the CAMRT Newsletter and bi-weekly emails; design and coordination of CAMRT reports (such as the Annual Report); coordinating maintenance of the CAMRT websites and social media activities; and providing support to the Director (AC).
This position requires a bilingual, organized, self-motivated, flexible individual with excellent writing and basic design skills who is able to multi-task and work independently in a small, hands-on work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, college diploma or equivalent experience in communications, journalism, new media, or related field
- Excellent English- and French-language writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized with an ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in delivering high quality communications
- Experience with web content publishing and content management tools
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
Deadline for applications: End of business, Monday, January 7, 2019
The Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) is looking for an experienced conference and events planning professional to join our team at our office in downtown Ottawa. Reporting to the Director of Membership and Events, the Manager, Conferences & Events, Corporate Partnerships will have overall responsibility for all planning, promotion and implementation aspects of CAMRT conferences and events. This position will also be involved in managing our corporate partnership program, managing and maintaining relationships with external vendors and commercial partners of the association.
- Involvement in the management of logistics for conferences and events demands a high level of attention to detail and time management skills. The individual should demonstrate initiative, flexibility, clear reasoning and the ability to prioritize and organize many assignments at once, with minimal supervision. Because of the high level of interaction with planning committee members, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, suppliers and other CAMRT staff, the individual must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Responsibilities will include contract negotiations for venues, audio-visual, catering and other suppliers; budget management, guest room reservations, speaker management, and social events.
- The individual also must have a solid understanding of concepts and principles relative to the promotion of association conferences and events and have demonstrated some skills in creative promotion concept development.
- This position also requires an individual with advanced computer skills, including proficiency in content management systems, word processing programs, spreadsheets, online registration systems, databases and web-based applications. Familiarity with Word Press is an asset.
- Knowledge of digital and hybrid event delivery is a strong asset.
- The position requires very strong written and oral communications skills in English – these communications skills in French are also highly desirable.
- The individual should be able to contribute to the continuous improvement of internal systems and procedures for conferences and events. This individual should also demonstrate a willingness to pursue training and develop new skills as required to meet the changing workplace environment.
- The position requires an individual with a minimum of five years of relevant experience in conference/events planning and promotion activities. The ideal candidate will have achieved a baccalaureate level of education or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience in conference / events management and promotion. A CMP designation is considered an asset.
CAMRT is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and offers an excellent working environment combined with a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
If this position is of interest to you and you believe you meet the requirements as outlined, kindly submit your CV and letter of introduction to by the end of the day on Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019.
We thank all applicants for your interest and regret that we are only able to follow up with candidates invited for an interview. Interviews will take place the week of January 7th, 2019.