This opportunity is a twelve month contract, and will not require re-location to Ottawa. If the current public health guidelines deem travel to be safe, it may be necessary to travel to some in-person meetings throughout the year. Otherwise, the role can be completed remotely.
The interim Director of Education will be an integral member of the CAMRT’s senior management team, led by the CEO and working alongside Directors of Professional Practice & Research, Advocacy & Communications and Membership & Events. The Senior Management Team (SMT) is responsible for the operationalization of the strategic plan and CAMRT’s day-to-day core operations.
The following positions report to the Director of Education:
- Manager, Certification
- Manager, Continuing Professional Development
- Officer, Continuing Professional Development
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the revision, maintenance, and validation of competency profiles for entry-to-practice technologists ensuring they are reflective of safe and best practice in the current healthcare environment with foundational competencies for future changes in technology and practice. As a significant revision of the competency profile occurred in 2019, very little work on revisions of the profile will be required during the term of this position. Priority will be on supporting the roll out of the new competency profile with key stakeholders and finalizing supporting documentation (ex: examination blueprints).
- Leads the development, implementation and maintenance of the application and delivery process for access to the certification exams.
- Leads the development, implementation and maintenance of a fair, transparent and valid process to assess internationally educated medical radiation technologists (IEMRT’s) to the established standards for access of the CAMRT certification exam.
- Leads the development and delivery of CAMRT certification exams, ensuring the exams meet the highest standards and follow a process that is transparent, fair and valid.
- Evaluates and advises on quality assurance metrics to ensure CAMRT certification processes and procedures are fair, defensible and reliable.
- Oversees enactment of key certification processes and procedures including but not limited to exam accommodations, exam appeals and misconduct investigations.
- Collaborates with education programs to resolve issues that arise regarding the CAMRT certification process.
- Collaborates with all stakeholders involved with assessment and provision of educational opportunities for IEMRTs, to improve opportunities for their preparation for the certification exams.
- Maintains a continuous scan of the certification environment to identify concerns and opportunities for the CAMRT.
Continuing Professional Development (40%)
- Leads the identification, development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of continuing professional development activities, addressing the professional development needs of medical radiation technologists.
- Provides advisory and consultative support to all committees and course authors involved in professional development.
- Provides advisory and consultative support for educational programming for conferences and events.
- Maintains a continuous scan of the education environment to identify concerns and opportunities for the CAMRT.
- Represents CAMRT on both internal and external education-related committees/organizations.
General Management (20%)
- Works as a member of the CAMRT senior management team with other department directors and the chief executive officer to develop the annual budget and the strategic and operational plans, and to manage issues of risk and areas of concern to the organization.
- Leads recruitment efforts for committee volunteers and CPD authors.
- Manages relationships with industry, chairs and committee members.
- Develops and ensures compliance with policy in the areas of certification and continuing professional development.
- Presents at events and/or to key stakeholders on CAMRT or Education related initiatives, as required.
- Provides subject matter expertise related to MRT practice to support CAMRT initiatives.
- Leads special projects to meet organizational strategic priorities and objectives.
- Undertakes other assignments, as required.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally (if current health guidelines indicate it is safe to do so)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
The Ideal Candidate
You are recognized for your commitment and expertise in education of medical radiation technology. You have a strong network of subject-matter experts, as you will be looked upon to establish and oversee essential member-volunteer committees and stakeholder relationships related to education and certification. You are an outstanding communicator, both oral and written, adept at presentation of briefs, reports and proposals. You are experienced managing a staff team and contributing to a management team at the senior level. You are passionate, energetic, and flexible in adapting to changing and competing priorities.
Required Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
- Knowledge and experience with educational requirements for medical radiation technologists, both entry-level and continuing professional development
- Knowledge of education methodologies related to both entry-level and continuing professional development
- Ability to lead and build a team approach in the work environment
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong ability to think strategically, critically and to problem solve
- Strong relationship development skills
- Strong management skills
- Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written, in English
- Ability to be creative and innovative
- Graduate of a medical radiation technology education program
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience in the field of medical radiation technology education (5 years minimum)
- Experience in clinical practice, (5-7 years minimum)
- Master’s degree in education, health or an area related to the position
- Experience with the delivery of continuing professional development using an online learning management system platform
- Fluency in both official languages is considered an asset
Apply here Deadline: November 12, 2020