Welcome to CAMRT-BC
Your Home for Provincial Association Services in British Columbia.
CAMRT-BC is the home for provincial association services for medical radiation technologists (MRTs) in British Columbia. The association provides an array of services to its members, including engaging with the Government of BC, providing local education events, and expanding our volunteer network through the Site Ambassadors Program. In addition, the Provincial Manager visits sites across the province to provide updates and meet with members.
Explore CAMRT-BC Benefits and Services
CAMRT-BC brings significant added value for BC members, while keeping the cost of provincial membership dues to a minimum. Since 2018, through ongoing engagement with members, we have been working to ensure BC MRTs are supported, recognized, and provided with important resources at the provincial level. We encourage you to explore all the ways CAMRT-BC is working to support its members in BC.
A unified voice for issues impacting the MRT profession in BC.
- Making sure the voice of BC MRTs is heard
- Engaging with the Government of BC and other provincial stakeholders
- Networking and collaborating with Provincial organizations
- Improving public recognition of the vital role of MRTs on BC’s healthcare team
OUTREACH & COMMUNITY
A provincial network helping BC MRTs stay informed and connected.
- Providing local volunteering opportunities, including the Provincial Advisory Council and Site Ambassadors Program
- Engaging with members through site visits and presentations
- Connecting MRTs on BC-specific social media platforms via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Keeping members informed through provincial updates and members’ publications
Educational events and activities focused on the interests and needs of MRTs in BC.
- Working with local volunteers to organize regional InfoShare Events
- Supporting leadership development among BC MRTs
- Focusing on BC-specific topics
Recognizing BC members and building pride in the profession.
- Recognizing the professional accomplishments of BC members through our Member Recognition and Awards Program
- Celebrating BC’s MRT graduates through our annual commencement ceremonies
- Highlighting member achievements through member focus articles, e-news, and social media
Joint Provincial Membership (2 memberships in 1)
Members in British Columbia enjoy the benefits of a joint CAMRT and CAMRT-BC membership.
The information on this page describes provincial member benefits only. Discover the value of belonging and the benefits that come with your full CAMRT membership (such as professional liability insurance, discounts on professional development opportunities, and access to a network of over 11,000 MRTs nationwide).
Learn more about the joint provincial membership options available to BC MRTs and students.
Get Involved in CAMRT-BC
CAMRT-BC is continually working towards a stronger MRT profession in the province of BC and looking for ways to engage in (and inform members about) many related activities.
Our network of over 100 volunteer Site Ambassadors helps expand our reach to more MRTs in the province. Site Ambassadors play an important role by engaging the MRTs at their work sites in discussions about association activities, helping to strengthen the membership across BC. Learn more.
CAMRT-BC also has many opportunities for members to volunteer. These opportunities allow members to build their experience in areas of personal interest, to contribute back to the profession, and also to enjoy meeting other MRTs from across the province. Please watch for notices calling about volunteering and check out our volunteering page.
Request a Site Visit
The activities of the CAMRT-BC are supported and guided by the Provincial Manager – a CAMRT staff member who lives and works in BC and is connected remotely to the CAMRT Ottawa office. The Provincial Manager engages with members in BC, provides site visits, works with local volunteers, helps to coordinate local events, and more. If you would like to have the Provincial Manager visit, please contact Sarah Erdelyi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send Us Your Feedback
CAMRT-BC is continuously seeking to evolve and consider new ideas for provincial services and initiatives. Let us know what matters to you and how we can improve your experience as a member.
If you wish to contact CAMRT-BC about anything, we ask that you use the phone and email contacts below:
Phone contact information: 613-234-0012 / 1-800-463-9729 (toll free in Canada)
General email enquiries: email@example.com
Provincial Manager, CAMRT-BC: Sarah Erdelyi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have social media, be sure to follow us at:
Instagram & Twitter: @camrt_bc