Discover the value of CAMRT membership
2020 and 2021 have been filled with many challenges for MRTs. This pandemic has shown us much about the importance of a united front, both as citizens and as frontline healthcare professionals. The MRT profession stands to benefit from its unity and cohesion, now, more than ever. Bringing professionals together in community, sharing and amplifying the voice of MRTs, and moving the profession forward. These are the key functions of strong associations.
The CAMRT has been busy responding to the changing needs of MRTs and we continue to work hard to address needs of the profession and professional through our advocacy, education, programs and services.
Representation to government and increased awareness of the MRT profession is more important today than ever ensuring that critical issues such as pandemic pay, PPE supplies and the health and safety of MRTs are addressed. CAMRT and your provincial organizations are at the table with Health Canada and other healthcare organizations ensuring that the voice of MRTs is heard by decision makers.
Every healthcare professional should have personal professional liability insurance (PLI). In the event of a claim or complaint, your membership has you covered.
The CAMRT provides all Full and Temporary Practice members with extensive protection through our PLI policy and policy extensions, such as criminal defense costs reimbursement coverage, legal expense coverage, coroner’s hearings coverage and witness expenses coverage.
While some employers and unions provide PLI, not all coverage is equal. Be sure to fully investigate the extent of the coverage. Here are some important differences to be aware of when comparing insurance policies. For current members, a complete copy of the policy is available by logging into your CAMRT account.
The CAMRT has developed more than 180 continuing professional development (CPD) offerings, including full-length courses, quick self-studies, webinars, and specialty certificate programs, which we offer at preferred rates (half price or free) to our members.
- Continuing Professional Development Opportunities – All CAMRT CPD courses have been assigned category A credits, which can be used for credit to fulfill continuing education requirements established by a provincial association or regulatory body. They can also be used by members for credit towards ARRT license renewals. View the complete catalogue of CAMRT’s CPD offerings.
- Conferences and Events – CAMRT members benefit from discounted rates at our regional and national events. CAMRT events bring together hundreds of MRTs for education and networking opportunities of the highest quality. Along with our own events, we partner with national and provincial organizations on joint conferences and events. See the list of upcoming events.
With over 12,000 members, there is a large community of MRTs with whom you can connect. Build your professional network with MRTs across Canada through CAMRT events, volunteering and our online Communities of Practice.
- Volunteer and Leadership Development Opportunities – As a member-driven association, the CAMRT operates through the work of many volunteer committees. Participation on these national committees provides excellent opportunities to develop critical thinking and leadership skills and the opportunity to influence the direction of the profession and the Association. See current volunteer and leadership development opportunities with the CAMRT.
- Social Media – Connect with other MRTs from across Canada via our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages.
The CAMRT has numerous resources to support your practice including free journal subscriptions, access to our Best Practice Guidelines, regular industry updates, a career portal and resource staff who are available five days a week to answer your questions.
- Best Practice Guidelines – A robust online resource dedicated to the needs and concerns of Canadian MRTs. Whether you are facing a tough situation with a patient, are looking to update your local policies, or just starting to investigate the evidence base on a given practice, the Best Practice Guidelines is a tool for you.
- Journal Subscriptions – CAMRT members receive a subscription to the Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences(JMIRS), the official professional journal of the CAMRT (published quarterly). Members also receive complimentary access to Radiography, the official professional journal of the UK-based Society of Radiographers (SoR) (published quarterly).
- Industry News – Members receive CAMRT News, a professional and informative newsletter produced and distributed quarterly. CAMRT News delivers information about opportunities and activities related to the profession and the association. It is available electronically or in hard copy. Members also receive CAMRT’s Dispatch, a bi-weekly online newsletter, that keeps members informed about hot topics, emerging trends, upcoming events and other topics of relevance to the profession.
- CAMRT Career Portal – Looking for a job or to advance your career? Employers looking to recruit MRTs in any of the disciplines are increasingly turning to the CAMRT to post job opportunities through our Career Portal. The Career Portal is available to members only through the Members Area of the CAMRT website.
- Resource Staff – Whether you need someone to guide you through your professional development requirements, to discuss scope of practice or standards, or to answer any other questions, we’re here for you. Members can reach the CAMRT between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm EST through our toll-free telephone number from anywhere within Canada (1-800-463-9729).
Making your membership dollars go further! Your CAMRT membership includes preferred rates and opportunities for savings with CAMRT and trusted providers.
Login to your CAMRT member account to access links and discount codes for the programs below.
- All-Purpose Reality (APR) – Need help finding a real estate agent? APR matches CAMRT members with a real estate agent in the area they are buying and selling. Members also receive cashback rewards at a rate of $25 per each $10,000 of transaction value when using a referred agent. Applies to both sale and purchase.
- Avis – CAMRT members save up to 30%* off base rates for pay now or up to 25%* off base rates for pay later on Avis car rentals. *Terms apply.
- Bell Mobility – Save big on amazing phones and plans with the Exclusive Partner Program. Save up to 30% on phone plans and get big discounts on new phones.
- Budget – CAMRT members save up to 35%* off base rates for pay now or up to 25%* off base rates for pay later when renting with Budget. *Terms apply.
- Mark’s – CAMRT members receive 10% off regular priced items. Formerly known as Mark’s Work Wearhouse, Mark’s is Canada’s top apparel and workwear destination. Shop men’s and women’s scrubs, shoes, shirts, jeans, workwear.
- GoodLife Fitness – Save up to 45% off regular GoodLife Fitness membership rates! As a CAMRT member, you have access to exclusive GoodLife Fitness membership pricing at any of the over 250 clubs across Canada. For only $599 annually (or $24.00 bi-weekly) + tax, you, and up to 4 family members, can benefit from this exclusive member pricing.
- Johnson Home and Auto Insurance – CAMRT members can save up to $200/year on home and auto insurance with Johnson. Receive a free, no obligation quote and Johnson will give $20 to the CAMRT Foundation!
- Rogers – CAMRT members receive up to 48% savings on mobile plans. Plans are offered for both BYOD (bring your own device) and new device activation plans. Coming from a non-Rogers mobile provider? Up to $500 in transfer costs may be available to you! Save upwards of $1000 on a new iPhone.
- Scrubs Canada – CAMRT member receive a 10% discount on all online orders from Scrubs Canada. Choose from a variety of stylish medical uniforms and quality comfort footwear from Dansko.
- Telus – CAMRT members receive discounts on voice and data plans along with a device subsidy on each new smartphone activated on your account. Please note that this member savings is not available in-store.
- Travel Discounts – CAMRT members have access to exclusive worldwide travel discounts. Savings average 10-20% below-market on all hotels and car rental suppliers around the world.
- Triunity Mortgage Group – Triunity Mortgage Group is a full service residential and commercial financing brokerage. They develop flexible and innovative financing solutions that get deals closed swiftly, even in complex and intricate situations. Get in touch with a mortgage broker in your area today.
- Online CAMRT CPD Courses and Webinars – Discounted fees on CPD courses. View the complete catalogue of CAMRT’s continuing professional development offerings.
- Conferences and Events – Members receive preferred pricing on CAMRT conferences and events. See upcoming events.
- More Discounts! – Several of the provincial organizations also offer discounts on products and services. Please visit your provincial organization’s website or contact them for more information on these services.
Members in British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, and the Atlantic provinces enjoy joint membership with their provincial association (CAMRT-BC, MAMRT, OAMRS, and CAMRT-ATL respectively) and receive additional benefits and services that are unique to their provincial landscape.