Volunteering with CAMRT
CAMRT has many opportunities for members to volunteer. These opportunities allow members to build their experience in areas of personal interest, to contribute back to the profession, and also to enjoy meeting other MRTs from throughout the country. Please check back often for opportunities currently available at CAMRT!
Anyone travelling on CAMRT business must arrange their travel through CAMRT’s designated travel agency, Maritime Travel. Travel and accommodation booked through Maritime Travel will be billed directly to CAMRT.
Please contact Genevieve Barker at Maritime Travel:
Travel Expense Claim Form [Download PDF; 37kb]
Committees of the CAMRT
The work of the CAMRT is supported by a valued corps of committed volunteers who contribute their time and expertise to advance the mission and strategic goals of the association. For a listing of these committees please click here and scroll down the page to “Committees.”
Volunteer with the CAMRT – Be an Essay or Exhibit Competition Judge!
The CAMRT is looking for individuals who are interested in being judges for CAMRT’s yearly essay and exhibit competition. This is a volunteer position that does not require a large time commitment. Everything is electronic, including the marking. You will have a three to four week period within which to review and mark essay and poster submissions. The competition is held just before the annual general conference each year. To be an essay or exhibit judge you must be:
- a CAMRT member for at least 5 years.
- a practicing technologist, manager or instructor.
- able to demonstrate that you have a thorough knowledge of your discipline and/or sub-discipline.
- able to demonstrate that you are knowledgeable of advances in the field of medical radiation technology in general, and particularly in your discipline and/or sub-discipline.
If you are interested in volunteering as a reviewer to judge the submissions for the essay and exhibit competition, please submit your CV and the completed online application form.
Certificate Exam Development:Exam item writers and exam item reviewers needed
Recruitment for item writers and item reviewers is ongoing. A bank of applications from interested individuals in all disciplines is needed to support the process of certification exam development.Didactic instructors, clinical instructors and direct patient care providers are invited to apply. Your expertise is valued and appreciated. Help ensure the entry-to-practice certification exam reflects current practice and assesses the competency required for safe and effective practice.The meeting dates for exam item writing and exam item review will always be the months of February and March. Meetings are held in Ottawa with all expenses covered by CAMRT.
If you are interested please contact Elaine Dever, Director of Education.
Reviewers for the Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences
The CAMRT is recruiting individuals who have professional writing and/or editing experience to serve as guest reviewers for the Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences.Reviewers are required to evaluate the suitability of research manuscripts for publication and ensure that the research / literature review is adequately portrayed. As a reviewer for the Journal, you will be expected to:
- Commit the appropriate amount of time required for review of manuscripts (reviewers are generally given 4 to 6 weeks to review a paper)
- Review manuscripts according to established policies and time frames
- Disclose any conflicts of interest, financial or otherwise, related to a particular manuscript
We are seeking individuals who have expertise in the following areas of expertise:
- Radiological technology
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Radiation therapy
- Nuclear medicine
- Research methodology
- Management / leadership
If you want to participate in the dissemination of knowledge through a global professional journal, please send your resume with a letter outlining your editing / writing experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about peer review, please visit the journal website and select the “Peer Review” tab.
Authors for Quick Self-Study Courses
The result of a current membership survey indicated a high interest in the CAMRT Quick Self Study courses. These are courses of approximately 30 pages in length, requiring the student to take 6-10 hours to complete. There are no assignments; however, a self-administered post-quiz of 20-30 multiple choice questions must be developed.The author must request approval of the topic prior to development of the study. Remuneration will be paid upon completion.
If you are interested please contact Melanie Berube, Manager, Continuing Professional Development
The CAMRT is currently looking to fill two positions on the Leadership Development Committee (LDC). Specifically we are looking for:
- One MRT in a leadership role within a radiation therapy department
- One MRT in a leadership role within a medical imaging department
The purpose of the LDC is to provide advice and support to the CAMRT board and staff regarding all matters affecting the leadership and management of medical radiation technologists, and accomplish this by:
- Identifying, developing and supporting tools and mechanisms to assist leaders and managers in their day to day functions;
- Conducting environmental scans regarding leadership and management related issues that concern CAMRT, its members in leadership/management positions and its stakeholders;
- Promoting networking opportunities for leadership and management members while encouraging sharing of pertinent information;
- Promoting CAMRT membership to those in leadership and management positions within medical imaging and radiation therapy departments; and
- Promoting leadership avenues to members through training and educational methods.
- Is an MRT employed in a leadership, management or supervisory position;
- Can attend and participate in one face-to-face meeting per year (with additional meetings as required), plus teleconferences as required (quarterly);
- Is willing to participate and/or present at the CAMRT Leaders Program;
- Can commit to a two-year term of office;
- Must be a current member of the CAMRT;
If you are interested in joining the CAMRT Leadership Development Committee, please submit your cover letter and your curriculum vitae to Phyllis Williams by February 29th, 2016.