|Position Title:||Provincial Manager, British Columbia|
|Department:||Membership and Events|
|Reports To:||Director of Membership and Events|
|Hours:||Part-time, 0.6 FTE, Flexible schedule|
|Location:||From home-based office in BC.
Access to major urban centers/ airport an asset
|Status:||Contract, 2 years|
Founded in 1942 by a coalition of provincial associations, the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) is Canada’s national professional association and certifying body for medical radiation technologists and therapists. CAMRT serves and supports over 12,000 members nation-wide to provide patients the highest quality of medical imaging and radiation therapy care, ensuring that medical radiation technologists (MRTs) are certified as having the knowledge, skills, and judgment to enter practice. CAMRT partners with eleven provincial organizations to help MRTs continue to practice safely and effectively in a rapidly evolving field. It is an authoritative voice in medical imaging and radiation therapies within the Canadian health system and the wider community, and engages internationally as a leader of the profession. http://www.camrt.ca
Recently, the membership of the provincial organization in British Columbia (www.bcamrt.org) voted to transition to the provision of provincial member services by the CAMRT. It is in this environment that we seek to attract a highly motivated and people-oriented association manager to work in collaboration with the CAMRT staff in the Ottawa office to deliver member value to MRTs in British Columbia, while advancing provincial advocacy priorities and supporting the work of the volunteer BC Advisory Council.
The Provincial Manager for British Columbia will work to achieve recruitment, engagement, and retention of eligible Medical Radiation Technologist members (MRTs) in the province of British Columbia. The Manager will collaborate with CAMRT staff in Ottawa and external contacts to develop, implement and evaluate programs and initiatives designed to promote the personal and professional value of membership.
Specifically, the Provincial Manager, BC will collaborate with the CAMRT staff team to:
- Organize and implement outreach and educational activities (including site ambassador program)
- Collaborate on and coordinate the execution of a marketing program for member recruitment and retention in BC
- Develop and nurture professional networks within the province, e.g., the current Site Ambassador program
- Assist in the development and management of the CAMRT-BC budget
- Respond to BC members’ inquiries, as required
ADVOCACY & COMMUNICATIONS
The Provincial Manager for British Columbia will work in cooperation with the CAMRT office staff to develop, implement and evaluate programs and initiatives related to advocacy and stakeholder relations in BC. Specifically, the Manager will be responsible to:
- Coordinate and participate in advocacy efforts for the profession within the province with specific focus on the provincial government’s regulation of the practice of radiation therapy, and future commitment to re-visit the potential regulation of the disciplines of nuclear medicine, radiological technology, and magnetic resonance imaging
- Ensure the needs and views of MRTs in the province are represented at CAMRT
- Ensure BC-specific content for the public and members-only websites is up-to-date and maintained
- Communicate on issues relating to BC members on a regular basis using publications, e-mail newsletters and social media, as appropriate
- Liaise with other BC associations and stakeholders
SUPPORT OF ADVISORY COUNCIL
The BC Advisory Council will help to identify trends and priorities for members in the province, bringing them to attention through their interactions with the Provincial Manager for BC. The Provincial will help steer this committee, taking part in their discussions, scheduling and coordinating their meetings and ensuring their feedback and ideas are considered. Both the Provincial Manager and the Chair of the Advisory Council, will be invited to attend bi-annual meetings of National Network in Ottawa to represent BC.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage projects
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Strong writing skills– writing promotional copy, direct mail, experience in production and printing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong commitment to customer service
- Knowledge of and experience with a member-based organization, including membership recruitment and marketing campaigns in a non-profit/association setting
- A high degree of computer literacy in the use of various computer applications, including relational databases, word processing, spreadsheets and web content management
- Ability to analyze information, prepare reports and make recommendations concerning membership trends, issues and service delivery
- Good understanding of the MRT profession and regulatory framework within Canada
- Experience managing a budget
- Experience and expertise in making public presentations
- Ability to create and maintain strong professional networks
The Provincial Manager will work from a home office, based in BC. Access to major urban centers and an airport are considered an asset. The CAMRT offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
For confidential consideration, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter clearly outlining how you meet the position requirements, by Wednesday October 11th at 5:00PM, to CAMRT by e-mail: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.