Meet the President
The President of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) is Karren Fader, RTNM. Ms. Fader began her presidential term on July 1, 2016 and will continue in the position until June 30, 2018. After choosing the profession (almost by accident), the field of nuclear medicine has since become a lifelong passion and pursuit.
Getting her start at the Victoria General Hospital in Halifax, her career took her to South Shore Regional Hospital and later to the faculty in the nuclear medicine technology program at Dalhousie University in Halifax.
Ms. Fader has been an active volunteer in professional associations throughout her career. First a member of the Nova Scotia Association of Medical Radiation Technologists Board in 2001, she went from being Treasurer to Vice President and eventually President for a four year period. As an educator she was always drawn to and wanted to understand education at a national level. This led an increasing involvement at the CAMRT over the years, culminating in an appointment to the CAMRT Board of Directors in 2014, a term as Vice President in 2015, and now her election as President.
After 30 years in the profession, Karren is still energized by educating others and advocating for medical radiation technology. She sees the challenges and responsibility of the CAMRT Presidency as an opportunity to drive the profession forward, raise it up and make sure it is well positioned to demonstrate the capability and contribution of MRTs.
Meet the CEO
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) is François Couillard.
Mr. Couillard joined the CAMRT staff on February 4, 2013. Prior to accepting the position with CAMRT, Mr. Couillard served as President of Strategies & Direction Consultants, a consulting company he established in 2010. Before establishing his consulting practice, his career encompassed 25 years of achievements in healthcare, including nine years at MDS Nordion focused specifically in imaging and radiation therapy. He offers a breadth of experience leading large and complex non-profit organizations, having served as Chief Operating Officer of both the Canadian Red Cross and VON Canada. This is complimented by extensive marketing experience in the healthcare field in Canada and Europe, and in advising clients on communication and strategic positioning challenges in his consultation practice. Mr. Couillard is a Certified Management Consultant, and holds an MBA in Marketing, International Business from McGill University. He also holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical Engineering) from the Université du Sherbrooke.
Mr. Couillard enjoys working with communities of interest on high stakes issues. He has served on numerous advisory councils and boards, including Canada’s Advisory Council on National Security, Europe’s Association of Imaging Producers and Equipment Suppliers (AIPES) and the Canada-Belgium Committee. He currently serves as the Vice President of the board of the Ottawa Community Immigrant Service Organization, and on the advisory council of Hub Ottawa, a social innovation working space.
Board of Directors
|President||Karren Fader, RTNM|
Prince Edward Island
|Gailyne MacPherson, RTR, ACR|
|Sandra Luke, RTR, ACR, RTMR|
|British Columbia||Meena Amlani, RTR|
|Alberta||Susan Fawcett, RTT|
|Saskatchewan||Karen Davis, RTT|
|Ontario||Liz Lorusso, RTR, RTMR, BSc|
|Quebec||Micheline Jetté, RTNM|
|New Brunswick||Jennifer Carey, RTR, CTIC|
|Nova Scotia||Jonathan Bower, RTNM|
|Newfoundland & Labrador||Breanne Teasdale, RTT|
Committees of the CAMRT
The work of the CAMRT is supported by a valued corps of committed volunteers who contribute their time and expertise to advance the mission and strategic goals of the association.
Committees of the Board of Directors
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Board Committees
- Board Education Committee
- Strategic Planning Steering Committee
- CEO Performance Management Committee
- Honorary Award Committee
- Operational Committees
- Education Advisory Council
- Exam Validation Committee – Magnetic Resonance, RT
- Exam Validation Committee – Nuclear Medicine, RT
- Exam Validation Committee – Radiation Therapy, RT
- Exam Validation Committee – Radiological Technology, RT
- Certificate in Breast Imaging Committee
- CT Imaging Certificate Committee
- Certificate in Dosimetry Committee
- Fellowship Committee
- Certificate in Interventional Radiology Committee
- Professional Practices
- Best Practice Guidelines Committee
- Future Technology Advisory Council
- Leadership Development Committee
- Professional Practice Advisory Council
- Communications & Advocacy
- Editorial Board
- Research Grant Committee
- Advocacy Advisory Council
- Membership & Events
- National Advisory Council on Conferences & Events
- Young Professionals Advisory Council
- CAMRT-BC Provincial Advisory Council
- Annual General Conference Host Committee
- Ad Hoc Committees, Task Forces & Workgroups
- From time to time, the board may appoint a group of volunteers to undertake a project of limited duration.
- Representatives to External Organizations
- Associated Sciences Consortium (ASC)
- Canada Safe Imaging
- Canadian Breast Screening Initiative (CBSI)
- Canadian Partnership for Quality Radiotherapy (CPQR)
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI)
- CANM-CARS Regulatory Consultative Group/ Good Manufacturing Practices for SPECT Working Group
- International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists (ISRRT)
- Organization for Health Action
Interested in volunteering with CAMRT? Click here to view current opportunities.