MRS Narratives format now open for submissions!
Vol 52.1 Online
Check out this issue on the JMIRS website or on Science Direct. As a CAMRT member, you have free access to all content published in the JMIRS. You must log-in through the CAMRT Members site to unlock the content as opposed to accessing it directly at www.jmirs.org, because most articles on this site are blocked by a paywall.
Calls for Papers
2021: The JMIRS is preparing a special issue on the topic of Education in the medical imaging and radiation sciences, to be published in December 2021. We know there is so much activity happening in this area and we are excited to hear from you! Submissions are due on or before May 1, 2021 but informal contact about ideas can be discussed with the editor at any time at email@example.com. We are pleased to announce that Ernest Ekpo will serve as Guest Editor for our upcoming special issue on Education. Ernest recently joined the JMIRS as an Associate Editor and serves as Senior Lecturer at the University of Sydney, Australia.
“Palliative Care” content deadline November 1, 2021
Palliative care can provide relief from pain and other symptoms of a serious, long-term or life-threatening illness. Symptoms can be physical, psychological, social or spiritual. We are seeking submissions in any of our formats, related to your research, practice, policy, theory or narratives in this crucial topic.
“Leadership” content deadline May 1, 2022
Leadership has never been tested more than in 2020/2021. Across the radiation sciences leaders are guiding teams through perhaps the greatest challenges of their careers. All of us can lead from where we stand, regardless of our role, and we’d like to hear your insights about the dilemmas, ambiguities and complexities of leadership in our profession.
For more info on these calls click here!
Check out the new Facebook page for our journal Like and follow the page to stay up to date with JMIRS updates!
Peer Review Recruitment
We are always recruiting new reviewers to our pool, so let Carly know if someone might be a good match! She can reach out with an invitation and information. We are currently looking for a few French language reviewers, in particular.
COVID-19 Research: JMIRS continues to receive perspectives from our MRT colleagues around the globe dealing with COVID-19, here is a selection of recent titles:
- Maintaining quality while adapting to a virtual work environment during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The strategy to develop newly joined radiographers in a COVID-19 world: a curated orientation programme
- Digital healthcare and shifting equipoise in radiation oncology: The butterfly effect of the COVID-19 pandemic
- The needs and concerns of clinical educators in radiography education in the face of COVID-19 pandemic
- How COVID-19 Is Testing and Evolving Our Communication Skills
- A Lens on the Post-COVID-19 “New Normal” for Imaging Departments
- Phase 3 of COVID-19: Treat your patients and care for your radiographers. A designed projection for an aware and innovative radiology department