SPECIAL ISSUE on PERSONALISED MEDICINE– papers due May 1st 2018
We are preparing a special issue of the Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences (JMIRS) on the topic of Personalised Medicine, to be published in December 2018. Personalised medicine is medical care in which treatment is customized for an individual patient. Our goal is to present research findings, educational and clinical perspectives, systematic reviews, teaching cases, and commentaries of the highest quality that inform MRTs and members of the healthcare team on the role and impact of our professions in personalized medicine. We invite MRTs, as well as our inter-professional colleagues, to submit papers on the topic of Personalised Medicine including, without being limited to:
- The impact of x-ray, nuclear medicine, PET, CT, MRI or ultrasound (individually or synergistically) on informing personalised treatment plans
- The impact of x-ray, nuclear medicine, PET, CT, MRI or ultrasound (individually or synergistically) on monitoring response to treatment
- Radiation therapy approaches driven by personalised medicine
- Specific evidence (systematic review), teaching cases or scenarios demonstrating the impact and outcomes of personalized medicine
- Specific evidence (systematic review) or teaching cases highlighting the value of inter-professional collaboration in personalized medicine
- Research and evidence (qualitative or quantitative) on outcomes of personalised medicine
- Challenges associated with personalised medicine; cost, consistency / equity, risk, radiation dose, geographic isolation, developing health economies, indigenous and other specific sub populations
- Clinical and education perspectives including; education, mentoring, delivery models
New to this special issue is a call for original submissions for a Letters to the Editor feature—a collection of correspondence from our readership. This includes, but is certainly not limited to: reflections on experiences in the workplace, different curricular approaches to preparing learners, or the cultivation of new skills and responsibilities regarding personalized medicine. The editors will be looking for letters that offer reflections, insights, and creative suggestions related to the challenges faced in this area from all disciplines. Please submit by August 15, 2018; if you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Submissions can be sent through the JMIRS website: http://www.jmirs.org/.
Questions? Contact the Managing Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org