New Podcast! Pete Bridge, JMIRS Editorial Board member and Senior Lecturer (Radiotherapy) at the University of Liverpool, interviews his father, Robert Bridge, for our latest podcast. Robert speaks on his role with JMIRS in relation to the four “P’s”: as a patient, a painter, a philosopher and a poet. Robert recently won the cover art competition for our special issue on Interpersonal Skills – see his artwork, read his poem (and explore the issue) here. Read their joint article, Artificial Intelligence in Radiotherapy: A Philosophical Perspective here. If any listeners have feedback about the philosophical question posed at the conclusion of the podcast, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org! This episode (and past recordings) can be played or downloaded at https://anchor.fm/jmirs using multiple platforms (Spotify, Google podcasts, etc).
Check out the new Facebook page for our journal – Like and follow the page to stay up to date with JMIRS updates!
Congratulations to our 2020 award winners! Check out our list of Top Reviewers. Editor’s Choice Top 5 include:
- What Medical Imaging Professionals Talk About When They Talk About Compassion
- What We Know So Far (As of March 26, 2020) About COVID-19—An MRT Point of View
- Examining the Relationship between Emotional Intelligence, Leadership Attributes and Workplace Experience of Australian Chief Radiographers
- Machine Learning Methods for Computer-Aided Breast Cancer Diagnosis Using Histopathology: A Narrative Review
- A Tale of Two MRIs
Explore our latest issue! As a CAMRT member, you have free access to all content published in the JMIRS. You must log-in through the CAMRT Members site to unlock the content as opposed to accessing it directly at www.jmirs.org, because most articles on this site are blocked by a paywall.
Call for Papers 2021: The JMIRS is preparing a special issue on the topic of Education in the medical imaging and radiation sciences, to be published in December 2021. We know there is so much activity happening in this area and we are excited to hear from you! Submissions are due on or before May 1, 2021 but informal contact about ideas can be discussed with the editor at any time at email@example.com
COVID-19 Research: JMIRS continues to receive perspectives from our MRT colleagues around the globe dealing with COVID-19, here is a selection of recent titles:
- Maintaining quality while adapting to a virtual work environment during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The strategy to develop newly joined radiographers in a COVID-19 world: a curated orientation programme
- Digital healthcare and shifting equipoise in radiation oncology: The butterfly effect of the COVID-19 pandemic
- The needs and concerns of clinical educators in radiography education in the face of COVID-19 pandemic
- How COVID-19 Is Testing and Evolving Our Communication Skills
- A Lens on the Post-COVID-19 “New Normal” for Imaging Departments
- Phase 3 of COVID-19: Treat your patients and care for your radiographers. A designed projection for an aware and innovative radiology department