The Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences (JMIRS) is looking for a medical radiation technologist who is active and proficient in social media to assist in the promotion of our journal!
- Your primary role is to develop and post social media content that raises the profile of the Journal and encourages audience growth and engagement
- The social media coordinator will be an initial appointment of one year, though this may be extended by mutual agreement.
- Elsevier will pay an annual honorarium of $1000 and a complimentary subscription to the JMIRS, Science Direct, and Scopus
- The expected time is approximately 8-10 hours per month; you will initially create a scheduled calendar for content promotion with the assistance of the JMIRS Executive Board
- Maintain a strong Twitter and Facebook presence for the Journal via the @JMIRS1 channels
- Generate 4-5 scheduled posts per week
- Highlight selected content using graphic design elements
- Retweet content relevant to the Journal’s audience
- Promote JMIRS projects (cover contests, special issue calls, polls, awards, media releases, podcasts, etc.)
- Represent the Journal in the monthly #MedRadJClub chat
- Monitor social media engagement with Twitter analytics
The ideal applicant:
- Is a medical radiation technologist (or a closely related profession with good understanding of the medical radiation technology disciplines and current issues)
- Experience of content scheduling software (like Hootsuite)
Expressions of interest including a covering letter and CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for expressions of interest is December 10, 2020.