Call for Applications: ASRT Educator Institute
CAMRT is seeking a representative to attend the ASRT Educator Institute.
The primary goal of the ASRT Educator Institute is to prepare medical imaging and radiation therapy educators for classroom instruction by covering topics in current principles of adult education, classroom management, curriculum design and technology.The program is split into online and onsite components. Participants complete 5 online courses before traveling to Albuquerque, New Mexico for the onsite portion of the program. More information can be found here.
The selected applicant will be required to complete the following:
- Online course work – May 1 – June 9, 2023.
- Attend the onsite portion in Albuquerque, New Mexico September 7-8, 2023.
- Complete a 15-minute presentation on your journey as an educator, MRT education in Canada and our educational system.This presentation will be given as part of an international panel of delegates at the onsite event in Albuquerque.
- Work with the CAMRT Communications team post-event to write a summary of your experience and learnings for the CAMRT newsletter (500–650-word count max + photos).
CAMRT will cover transportation costs/airfare to and from the live event. Hotel/lodging and meals during the event will be sponsored by ASRT. ASRT will also provide a $100 stipend for incidental expenses. Any additional costs are the responsibility of the selected applicant.
- Current CAMRT member.
- Currently working as a didactic MRT educator. All years of experience welcome.
- Able to travel and attend onsite event in September.
- Completion of application including CV, expression of interest and reference (detailed below).
How to apply:
Please submit your CV, expression of interest and 1 written reference to Carrie Bru, Director of Education, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your expression of interest, please address the following: why you want to attend the Educator Institute, a brief overview of your teaching philosophy, experience as an educator and specific skills you would like to further develop. The successful applicant will be contacted by April 14th, 2023.
Closing Date: March 31st, 2023
Post a Reply