CAMRT Breast Imaging Education Day
Breast Imaging Specialists – join the back-to-school rush with a CAMRT Education Day!
CAMRT’s Breast Imaging Education Day, presented in association with Hologic
Saturday, September 17th, 2022
11:00 -16:30 EST
5 Category A Credits*
Registration is free for CAMRT members!
$75 for non-members
CAMRT is presenting a special virtual Breast Imaging Education Day sponsored by Hologic. On Sept 17, join leaders who specialize in breast imaging diverse populations from the comfort of your own home. Develop a deeper understanding of breast imaging guidelines, build interpretative skills in image evaluation and enhance your knowledge of mammography accreditation. CAMRT Members register *free* thanks to our Hologic partners! $75 for non-members.
Detailed program below
- Gain up to 5 Category A CPD credits by attending live!
- Be part of lively Q&A sessions after the presentations.
- Sharpen your skills
- On-demand access will be available after the event.
- Discuss quality guidelines and requirements for breast imaging and CAR-MAP program
- Develop interpretive skill in image evaluation
- Better understand clinical indications in emerging breast imaging practice
- Identify strategies for providing culturally safe care in breast imaging
CAMRT Members register *free* thanks to our sponsor, Hologic!
Times listed in EDT
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Canadian Association of Radiologists (CAR) Mammography Accreditation Program (MAP)
Presenter: Marc Venturi (MBA)
– Identify how you can help improve medical imaging
Clinical Image Assessment (CARMAP Program)
Presenter: Dr Nancy Wadden, Clinical Professor of Radiology, Memorial University
– Identify the criteria used to determine pass or failure and the reasoning behind each criterion
Developing Breast Cancer Screening Quality Indicators to Measure Progress at the pan-Canadian system-level
Presenter: Gregory Doyle (MBA), Breast Screening Expert Advisor and Breast Network Chair
– Understand the Partnership’s partner-led approach to the development of breast screening programmatic quality indicators
Breast Cancer Screening: Improving Health Outcomes in Underserved Populations
Panel: Raman Verma, Lisa Woodtke, Andrea Miville (facilitated by Ellen O. Alie)
– Describe factors influencing screening rates of immigrant and racialized populations in Canada
Contrast Enhanced Mammography (CEM)
Presenter: Dr Anat Kornecki
– Identify the uses of this relatively new tool in breast imaging
Contrast Enhanced Mammography – Implementation of a Program
Presenter: Dr Anat Kornecki and Sandra McFarlane RTR, CBI, CBID
– Describe the basic physics of contrast mammography
The Technologist’s Role in Breast Imaging Correlation
Lisa Dovgalev MRTR, CBIS, ARDMS(BR)
– Learn how to ask the right questions and communicate pertinent clinical findings using effective language
* Final credit approval confirmed upon final schedule
**Final timeline subject to change. Each session will be followed by question periods