Quick Self Studies At a Glance
- Register for a course any time
- Delivered electronically
- Self-directed course
- Self-administered post course quiz
- Results online within 3 weeks of quiz submission
Quick Self Studies are designed for technologists with a busy schedule who want to
- Continue to be informed
- Earn education credits
- Enhance their practice
This updated quick self study is designed to explore key topics in palliative radiation therapy, such as: an introduction to radiation therapy, indications for palliative radiation therapy (bone metastases, brain metastases, obstruction, lymphadenopathy, liver treatment, skin) and oncologic emergencies. Other topics also include radiation therapy retreatment, stereotactic body radiation therapy, brachytherapy, and radionucleotides. A review of acute side effects, follow up care, and discussion regarding the role of the palliative care team, as well as an introduction to some of the ethical issues affecting palliative radiation therapy patients are also examined.Register
The goals of the Cultural Safety: Diversity & Inclusion Certificate program are to:
- Promote and support culturally safe and compassionate care.
- Promote and support respect, equitable treatment, equitable care, non-discrimination through a bias and barrier-free professional environment.
- Create a culture of openness.
- Provide opportunities for MRTs to explore, learn and reflect on issues of diversity and inclusion relevant to MRT practice and beyond.
The six modules include:
- Identity Matters: LGBTQ2S+ Education for MRTs* (4 quick self studies): LGBTQ2S+ Background and History; LGBTQ2S+ Experiences in Healthcare; Creating LGBTQ2S+ Affirming Healthcare Environments; Allyship for LGBTQ2S+ People
- Creating an Inclusive MRT Environment for People with Disabilities Quick Self Study
- Enhancing Communications through Cultural Humility Quick Self Study
Candidates who successfully complete all six modules will receive the Cultural Safety: Diversity and Inclusion Micro Certificate Digital Badge.Register
The goals of the LGBTQ2S+ program are to:
- Promote safe, affirming, equitable and inclusive care to members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
- Promote safe, affirming, equitable and inclusive work environments for healthcare professionals from the LGBTQ2+ community.
The four modules include:
- Module 1: LGBTQ2S+ Background and History
- Module 2: LGBTQ2S+ Experiences in Health Care
- Module 3: Creating Affirming LGBTQ2S+ Healthcare Environments
- Module 4: LGBTQ2S+ Allyship (Available Soon)
Candidates will earn a Special Recognition digital badge after successful completion of all four modules.
Note these courses can be applied towards CAMRT’s Cultural Safety: Diversity and Inclusion Micro Certificate program.Register
This quick self-study course discusses the diagnosis and management of patients with prostate cancer. The course will cover a number of topics including: statistics, risk factors, anatomy, presenting signs and symptoms, screening tests, diagnostic and staging procedures, and available treatment options. Additionally, it will provide useful links to other sources for information about prostate cancer. While this course is intended for non-oncology health professionals, it may be useful as a refresher for oncology workers and provide useful information for the general public.Register
The CAMRT is happy to provide a completely revised and up-to-date 2023 quick self study on Colorectal Cancer: An Overview for Health Professionals, by Dave Shedden. As the management of cancer constantly changes, access to up-to-date information is vital to ensure that MRTs are well-informed and ready to help patients experiencing colorectal cancer. In this self-directed course, you can work your way through 12 modules, gaining specialized knowledge and participating in interactive learning moments.Register
- Applications of Medical Laboratory Tests in Nuclear Medicine Technology: Renal System – Revision and Update
- Applications of Medical Laboratory Tests in Nuclear Medicine Technology: Skeletal & Respiratory Systems – Revision and Update