The CAMRT entry-to-practice certification exam is a competency-based exam. Emphasis is placed on the application of knowledge in the practice environment and exam questions are asked from this perspective. To assist candidates to prepare for this challenging test, the CAMRT provides the following resources:
Please note beginning with the January 2016 exams, there is a change in the number of questions to 185 multiple choice questions. Exam writing time is 4 hours.
Exam blueprints – beginning with the May 2018 certification exams
The exam blueprints for the May 2018 certification exams are written in a different format from previous blueprints. They list only the competencies that be will tested, have a coding system that is different from the profiles, and provide a percentage weighing of questions for each specific area for exam purposes. Do not use exam blueprint coding for referencing program curriculum. The blueprint coding is meant for the purpose of coding exam questions.
Use competency profile coding for referencing your program curriculum.
An interactive online module has been developed as a new tool to tell exam candidates more about competency-based testing. The module provides the following information.
- Becoming certified to practice in Canada
- Competency-based education and testing
- The value of competency-based learning as a model that meets the needs of the workplace
- Sample exam questions that compare knowledge-based and competency-based questions
- The development and scoring of national certification exams
- Tips and strategies for writing the exam
- An evaluation of the module
Please note that this module is currently being updated.
When the module was created, it linked to an older version of the CAMRT Competency Profiles and Exam Blue Prints. As of May 2018, the CAMRT certification exam no longer includes case studies. The certification exam currently consists of 185 multiple-choice independent questions. The new Competency Profiles and Exam Blue Prints implemented as of May 2018 can be found here.
The 100-question practice exams for each discipline are developed by the CAMRT as an exam preparation tool to assist candidates who intend to write the national certification exam in the disciplines of Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Radiological Technology and Magnetic Resonance. Unlimited access to the practice exam is included in the exam registration fee.
Please note that the practice exams are optimized for desktops only.
NOTE: We are currently working on revisions to the practice exam. Please note – the current practice exams are based on an older version of the competency profile.
As such, please be advised of the following:
- There is a new exam blueprint and therefore exam question weightings for each module in the competency profile has changed
- Some of the questions in the practice exam may be associated with a competency from the old profile that is no longer examinable in the most current version of the CAMRT certification exam blueprint.
- The practice exam provides a sampling of the types of questions and content you may see on the certification exam and does not exhaustively cover the examinable competencies or exam blueprint. Exam candidates should use the most current version of the competency profile and exam blueprint, found here: https://www.camrt.ca/certification-3/graduates-of-canadian-accredited-programs/exam-preparation-resources/, to direct their studies.
The purpose of this module is to provide information about practice in medical radiation technology in a Canadian healthcare environment. The module discusses regulation, professional practice, patient and MRT safety, diversity, the importance of effective communication and the value of CAMRT membership.