The role of Guest Editor in assisting with compilation of our special theme issue on the topic of Leadership entails the following duties:
- Guest Editors are asked to promote the content deadline to their networks and start to reach out to any experts they would like to hear from – the Managing Editor can guide invited authors on deadlines/submission as needed.
- Guest Editors may be asked to act as peer reviewer or editor for a few submissions (or to suggest potential reviewers).
- After the content deadline, all titles and abstracts will be added into a shared drive where the Guest Editor can select which submissions fit the scope of the issue. If something is not a match, it can be published in another issue. Deciding articles for inclusion in advance allows the editorial office to push the chosen submissions across the finish line if revisions or review is stalled for any reason. This is also the time to spot any gaps and pursue Commentaries or Letters from experts. The Guest Editor and Editor-in-Chief can discuss potential authors as needed.
- The Guest Editor is asked to write a “Message from the Guest Editor” to introduce the issue – we ask that instead of summarizing the articles in the issue, the Guest Editor writes about the topic in general as the subject matter expert.
- The Managing Editor will send a listing of all the final accepted articles to be included and ask the Guest Editor to approve the order in which they appear.
- We run a cover contest for special issues and we will ask the Guest Editor for their opinion about choosing a winner from the submitted artwork.
We are looking for:
- A track record of published papers/conference presentations/experience in the issue topic
- Someone with a strong network of academic contacts within the profession
Please contact the Managing Editor with an expression of interest by October 10, 2022.