Cover Contest theme: Education
What do you picture when medical radiation technology education meets art? We want to see your inspiration! The contest opens on July 6 and runs until September 1, 2021. Artwork should be original – if you are reproducing any part of an image or text, please make sure that all the rights are cleared both for print and electronic publication. Consider using any medium (sculpture, painting, textile work, or other non-digital media) and submit a 300 dpi high-resolution image, 7.125″ x 5.1675″. Accepted formats include EPS, PDF, TIFF or JPEG for electronic artwork. Submissions can be sent directly to email@example.com . The winner will be selected by the JMIRS Editorial Board, and will have their artwork displayed on the cover of JMIRS Volume 52#4S, to be published in December 2021.
Vol 52.2 Online
Check out this issue on the JMIRS website or on Science Direct. As a CAMRT member, you have free access to all content published in the JMIRS. You must log-in through the CAMRT Members site to unlock the content as opposed to accessing it directly at www.jmirs.org, because most articles on this site are blocked by a paywall.
MRS Narratives format now open for submissions!
Calls for Papers
“Palliative Care” content deadline November 1, 2021
Palliative care can provide relief from pain and other symptoms of a serious, long-term or life-threatening illness. Symptoms can be physical, psychological, social or spiritual. We are seeking submissions in any of our formats, related to your research, practice, policy, theory or narratives in this crucial topic.
“Leadership” content deadline May 1, 2022
Leadership has never been tested more than in 2020/2021. Across the radiation sciences leaders are guiding teams through perhaps the greatest challenges of their careers. All of us can lead from where we stand, regardless of our role, and we’d like to hear your insights about the dilemmas, ambiguities and complexities of leadership in our profession.
We are looking for a Guest Editor for the Leadership issue – click here to see requirements.
New Podcast! Visit https://anchor.fm/jmirs to listen to our latest podcast: A discussion with Sarah Hamilton, patient partner & brain tumour survivor
Considering writing a research paper? Check out this new article! Writing your first paper: An informal guide for medical radiation sciences professionals*
Check out the new Facebook page for our journal Like and follow the page to stay up to date with JMIRS updates!
Peer Review Recruitment
We are always recruiting new reviewers to our pool, so let Carly know if someone might be a good match! She can reach out with an invitation and information. We are currently looking for a few French language reviewers, in particular.
COVID-19 Research: JMIRS continues to receive perspectives from our MRT colleagues around the globe dealing with COVID-19, here is a selection of recent titles:
- Asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection- Incidental findings on FDG PET/CT
- Maintaining quality while adapting to a virtual work environment during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The strategy to develop newly joined radiographers in a COVID-19 world: a curated orientation programme
- Digital healthcare and shifting equipoise in radiation oncology: The butterfly effect of the COVID-19 pandemic
- The needs and concerns of clinical educators in radiography education in the face of COVID-19 pandemic
- How COVID-19 Is Testing and Evolving Our Communication Skills
- A Lens on the Post-COVID-19 “New Normal” for Imaging Departments
- Phase 3 of COVID-19: Treat your patients and care for your radiographers. A designed projection for an aware and innovative radiology department