Attention Ontario MRTs! Allied Health Professional Development Fund, is now accepting applications for education grants for professional development activities completed between April 1, 2016 and March 31, 2017.
The government of Ontario recognizes and values the important contributions made by allied health professionals to the health care system. The Allied Health Professional Development Fund (AHPDF) is a HealthForceOntario (HFO) initiative designed to ensure that the people of Ontario have access to the right number and mix of health care professionals, now and in the future.
Allied Health Professionals Eligible for Funding
- Medical Laboratory Technologists
- Medical Radiation Technologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Respiratory Therapists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- be an audiologist, speech-language pathologist, dietitian, medical laboratory technologist, medical radiation technologist, occupational therapist, pharmacist, physiotherapist, or respiratory therapist (other professions are not eligible)
- be registered with their Ontario regulatory college when they are participating in the professional development activity
- be currently practicing or eligible to practice in their profession in Ontario
- not be employed outside of Ontario
- not have received AHPDF grants totalling $1,500 in the current funding year
All fields of the application form, including the College Registration Number and the Social Insurance Number, must be completed. Only complete applications will be accepted. No exceptions will be made. Late and/or incomplete applications will be declined.
Please note that due to a high volume of submissions, we are unable to confirm the receipt of applications or provide updates about the status of applications over the phone. Applicants will be sent a notification by email within an estimated six (6) weeks of the date of receipt.
To find out more and to apply please visit the site today.