The CAMRT is currently looking to fill two positions on the Professional Practice Advisory Council (PPAC). Specifically we are looking for:
One MRT from each of the following provinces:
- Nova Scotia
The purpose of the PPAC is to provide advice and support to the CAMRT board and staff regarding current and future matters affecting the practice of medical radiation technology. PPAC members would:
- Keep up to date with developments in the profession of medical radiation technology, and identify potential practice issues to CAMRT staff and the Board of Directors as required.
- Assist in the development and revision of professional practice documentation.
- Monitor and advise CAMRT staff on relevant issues affecting and influencing MRT practice and health care.
- Monitor and advise CAMRT staff on issues related to occupational health and safety issues.
- Monitor and advise CAMRT staff on issues related to the continuum of practice.
- Respond to other requests regarding medical radiation technology professional practice issues that the Board might identify for action.
- Assist CAMRT staff in communicating with stakeholders to further CAMRT’s strategic vision.
- Report to their respective Provincial Member Association as required.
- All council members are members of CAMRT.
- Each member is knowledgeable in, and comfortable representing, their respective modality and/or area(s) of expertise.
Possible areas of expertise: Advanced Practice, Education, Hybrid imaging, Leadership/management, Occupational health and safety/quality assurance, PACS/IT, Radiation safety (preferably radiation safety officer), Industry insight, Independent/private imaging facility representation, urban/rural representation
- Members are (or are willing to become) familiar with professional practice documents, including information resources and tools.
If you are interested in joining the CAMRT Professional Practice Advisory Council, please submit your cover letter and your curriculum vitae to Phyllis Williams by June 30th, 2016.