The CAMRT is currently looking to fill two positions on the Leadership Development Committee (LDC). Specifically we are looking for:
- One MRT in a leadership role within a radiation therapy department
- One MRT in a leadership role within a medical imaging department
The purpose of the LDC is to provide advice and support to the CAMRT board and staff regarding all matters affecting the leadership and management of medical radiation technologists, and accomplish this by:
- Identifying, developing and supporting tools and mechanisms to assist leaders and managers in their day to day functions;
- Conducting environmental scans regarding leadership and management related issues that concern CAMRT, its members in leadership/management positions and its stakeholders;
- Promoting networking opportunities for leadership and management members while encouraging sharing of pertinent information;
- Promoting CAMRT membership to those in leadership and management positions within medical imaging and radiation therapy departments; and
- Promoting leadership avenues to members through training and educational methods.
- Is an MRT employed in a leadership, management or supervisory position;
- Can attend and participate in one face-to-face meeting per year (with additional meetings as required), plus teleconferences as required (quarterly);
- Is willing to participate and/or present at the CAMRT Leaders Program;
- Can commit to a two-year term of office;
- Must be a current member of the CAMRT.
If you are interested in joining the CAMRT Leadership Development Committee, please submit your cover letter and your curriculum vitae to Phyllis Williams by February 29th March 15th, 2016.