SPECIAL ISSUE on PERSONALISED MEDICINE– papers due May 1st 2018
We are preparing a special issue of the Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences (JMIRS) on the topic of Personalised Medicine, to be published in December 2018. Our goal is to present research findings, educational and clinical perspectives, systematic reviews, teaching cases, and commentaries of the highest quality that inform MRTs and members of the healthcare team on the role and impact of our professions in personalized medicine. We invite MRTs, as well as our inter-professional colleagues, to submit papers on the topic of Personalised Medicine including, without being limited to:
- The impact of x-ray, nuclear medicine, PET, CT, MRI or ultrasound (individually or synergistically) on informing personalised treatment plans
- The impact of x-ray, nuclear medicine, PET, CT, MRI or ultrasound (individually or synergistically) on monitoring response to treatment
- Radiation therapy approaches driven by personalised medicine
- Specific evidence (systematic review), teaching cases or scenarios demonstrating the impact and outcomes of personalized medicine
- Specific evidence (systematic review) or teaching cases highlighting the value of inter-professional collaboration in personalized medicine
- Research and evidence (qualitative or quantitative) on outcomes of personalised medicine
- Challenges associated with personalised medicine; cost, consistency / equity, risk, radiation dose, geographic isolation, developing health economies, indigenous and other specific sub populations
- Clinical and education perspectives including; education, mentoring, delivery models
What is personalised medicine?
Medical care in which treatment is customized for an individual patient.
Submissions are due by May 1, 2018, through the JMIRS website: http://www.jmirs.org/.
Questions? Contact the Managing Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org