Thursday, April 27, between 12:00 pm and 6:00 pm
Exhibit Hall, Confederation Ballroom 2 & 3, Westin Hotel
The Exhibit Hall containing the exhibits and posters is open Thursday evening during the Welcome Reception.
Posters must be removed by 6:00 pm on Saturday. Any posters that have not been taken down by that time will be taken to the registration desk.
Presentation times will be determined and communicated to all presenters in the Spring
- A supply of Velcro dots will be available in the poster area for mounting the poster. Two posters will share each side of a poster board.
- Each poster will be identified by a number which will be prepared and put in place by the organizers. The assigned number will be listed in the conference program.
- Each poster should list at the top: the title, the name(s) of the author(s) and their affiliation(s). Relevant institutional logos are also recommended.
- Suggested headings will depend on the content of the presentation, but may include: background, introduction, methods, results, conclusions.
- Full sentences and/or point form can be used, as desired.
- Figures and tables are recommended, and should be clear and simple.
- References do not need to be included on the poster, but should be available upon request.
- Acknowledgements and contact information should be included, as appropriate.
- Posters can measure no more than 1.2 metres x 1.2 metres (48 inches x 48 inches);
- Posters must be printed on paper or cardstock and may be laminated;
- Posters can be designed in programs such as PowerPoint, using a single slide. The page setup can be modified to reflect the desired poster size.
- Poster backgrounds should be simple, using solid and non-distracting colours. Healthcare institutions and academic programs will often have poster templates that they encourage staff/students to use.
- The size of the characters for the title should be at least 2.56 cm (approx. 1 inch high)
- 3-4 columns can be used to lay out the content, with the size of the characters in the text being about half that of the title characters.
- Figures and tables can be interspersed throughout, and attention should be given to balancing text and graphics.