> Home Page
> About the Profession
> CAMRT Leadership Development Institute
CAMRT Leadership Development Institute
Call for Applications
On September 14-16, 2013, the CAMRT will host its fourth Leadership Development Institute in Ottawa.
This 3-day event is designed to engage CAMRT members who have demonstrated, at an early stage in their careers, leadership potential and a commitment to the advancement of the medical imaging or radiation therapy professions. The program's objective is to develop a new, vibrant and motivated volunteer base to draw on for future leadership needs of the CAMRT and their provincial partners, and at the same time, to provide young leaders with enhanced skills that will further their professional progress. A maximum of ten participants will be accepted from this call for applications; and CAMRT will cover participants' travel and accommodation expenses.
Participants in the program will:
- learn effective leadership and communication skills,
- learn about their own personal strengths and challenges as leaders and how to adapt their style to work effectively in different group or committee settings,
- learn how to effectively facilitate different types of meetings, and
- gain a clear understanding of the operations of the CAMRT, their provincial partners and regulation within the profession.
Criteria for Application:
- be a full-practice member of the CAMRT for at least the past two consecutive years,
- have been employed in an MRT-related profession for a minimum of two years and less than ten years,
- demonstrate commitment to continuous learning and, personal and professional development,
- provide evidence of leadership ability (professional advancement, leadership in the workplace, volunteer achievements, awards, etc.), and
- MUST be willing to volunteer within the CAMRT or their respective provincial association within a year of completing the program.
Interested members who meet the eligibility criteria are cordially invited to complete and submit the application form no later than 5 pm EDT, Sunday, June 30, 2013.
Applications may be emailed, mailed or faxed (see instructions on the application form).
Applicants are welcome to submit additional letters of reference and other supporting materials.
The Leadership Development Institute is offered in English only at the present time.
CAMRT 2013 LDI Application Form [PDF]