> Home Page
> About the Profession
> CAMRT Leadership Development Institute
CAMRT Leadership Development Institute
In SPRING 2014 - Look for the "Call for Applications"
In Fall 2014, the CAMRT will host its fifth Leadership Development Institute in Ottawa.
This 3-day event is designed to engage CAMRT members who have demonstrated, at an early stage in their careers, leadership potential and a commitment to the advancement of the medical imaging or radiation therapy professions. The program's objective is to develop a new, vibrant and motivated volunteer base to draw on for future leadership needs of the CAMRT and the provincial partner associations, and at the same time, to provide young leaders with enhanced skills that will further their professional progress. The CAMRT will cover travel and accommodation expenses for the ten participants accepted into the program.
- Develop effective leadership skills
- Better understand their personality type and their unique set of strengths and challenges
- Learn skills to facilitate meetings
- Practice effective communication skills
- Develop coaching abilities
- Learn techniques for creative problem-solving
- Learn how to support effective teamwork
- Gain a better understanding how the CAMRT, provincial associations and regulatory bodies work together for the profession
Criteria for Application:
At the time of submission in Spring 2014, applicants should:
- Be a full-practice member of the CAMRT for at least the past two consecutive years
- Have been employed in an MRT-related profession for a minimum of two years and less than 10 years
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning and, personal and professional development
- Provide evidence of leadership ability (professional advancement, leadership in the workplace, volunteer achievements, awards, etc.), and
- MUST be willing to volunteer within the CAMRT or their respective provincial association within a year of completing the program
The Leadership Development Institute is offered in English only at the present time.