|Member-At-Large for Nominating Committee
CAMRT is seeking to fill the member-at-large position on the association’s Nominating Committee. The function of the committee is to identify a slate of nominees for the board positions being elected in any given year. This would include the President-Elect (in years when that person is being chosen), the Vice-President, the Secretary/Treasurer and members-at-large. We require an applicant who is either a nuclear medicine technologist or a radiological technologist to complement the discipline representation on the committee. We are also looking for an applicant preferably from Eastern Canada to complement the geographic representation on the committee. Applicants should possess a good knowledge of the CAMRT and its vast member base. Prior volunteer experience in CAMRT or provincial associations is highly desired. Experience in electoral processes, nominations, etc., would be an asset, but not essential.
This position is for a two-year term, renewable once. Meetings will occur by teleconference as often as necessary. The Nominating Committee reports to the CAMRT Board of Directors.
For more infomation, contact Myrtle Shields at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, May 1, 2013.
Volunteer with your National Professional Association - Be an Essay or Exhibit Competition Judge!
|Ever wondered how you could volunteer with your national professional association without having to commit a large portion of your time? The CAMRT understands that there are those of you who want to play some part in the activities of the association, but find it difficult to commit to a lengthy term, because of the demands of work and family. Well, this may be the role for you! The CAMRT is looking for individuals who are interested in being judges for the yearly essay and exhibit competition.
What would be required of you?
You wouldn’t need to leave the comfort of your home or office, simply go online. Everything is electronic, even the marking. You will have a three to four week period within which to review and mark essay and poster submissions. The competition is held just before the annual general conference each year.
The CAMRT would like to have a pool of individuals from all disciplines and sub-disciplines, both in English and French that we can call upon to help make the essay and exhibit competition a success every year.
To be an essay or exhibit judge you:
- Should be a CAMRT member.
- Should be a practicing technologist, manager or instructor.
- Should be able to demonstrate that you have a thorough knowledge of your discipline and/or sub-discipline.
- Should be able to demonstrate that you are knowledgeable of advances in the field of medical radiation technology in general, and particularly in your discipline and/or sub-discipline.
Do you meet the above criteria? Then forward your application today, with a copy of your CV. You can apply online using the online application form.
|If you are interested, please click on this link to fill out the online application form.
Certificate Exam Development:
Exam item writers and exam item reviewers needed
|Recruitment for item writers and item reviewers is ongoing. A bank of applications from interested individuals in all disciplines is needed to support the process of certification exam development.
Didactic instructors, clinical instructors and direct patient care providers are invited to apply. Your expertise is valued and appreciated. Help ensure the entry-to-practice certification exam reflects current practice and assesses the competency required for safe and effective practice.
The meeting dates for exam item writing and exam item review will always be the months of February and March. Meetings are held in Ottawa with all expenses covered by CAMRT.
|If you are interested please contact Elaine Dever, Director of Education.
Reviewers for the Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences
|The CAMRT is recruiting individuals who have professional writing and/or editing experience to serve as guest reviewers for the Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences.
Reviewers are required to evaluate the suitability of research manuscripts for publication and ensure that the research / literature review is adequately portrayed. As a reviewer for the Journal, you will be expected to:
- Commit the appropriate amount of time required for review of manuscripts (reviewers are generally given 4 to 6 weeks to review a paper)
- Review manuscripts according to established policies and time frames
- Disclose any conflicts of interest, financial or otherwise, related to a particular manuscript
We are seeking individuals who have expertise in the following areas of expertise:
- Radiological technology
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Radiation therapy
- Nuclear medicine
- Research methodology
- Management / leadership
|If you want to participate in the dissemination of knowledge through a global professional journal, please send your resume with a letter outlining your editing / writing experience to: Carly McCuaig.
Authors for Quick Self-Study Courses
|The result of a current membership survey indicated a high interest in the CAMRT Quick Self Study courses.
These are courses of approximately 30 pages in length, requiring the student to take 6-10 hours to complete. There are no assignments; however, a self-administered post-quiz of 20-30 multiple choice questions must be developed.
The author must request approval of the topic prior to development of the study. Remuneration will be paid upon completion.
|If you are interested please contact Melanie Berube, Manager, Continuing Professional Development
CAMRT Young Professionals Advisory Steering Committee
The CAMRT is looking to create a Young Professionals Advisory Steering Committee (YPASC) to assist CAMRT in engaging MRT students and MRTs within their first ten years of practice. The goals of this group are to:
- Be the voice of young MRTs (MRT students and MRTs within their first 10 years of practice.
- Identify issues that affect new members of the profession.
- Advocate on behalf of their young professional colleagues.
- Influence CAMRT strategic directions by providing insight to the CAMRT Board of Directors and CAMRT Staff.
- Develop strategies to engage young MRTs in their national professional association.
This initial steering committee will work closely with the CAMRT’s Young Professional Board Member and CAMRT Staff to identify strategies and objectives for a Young Professionals Advisory Committee and assist in the development of a project charter that will be presented to the CAMRT Board of Directors in November for their consideration.
The steering committee will consist of:
- The CAMRT Young Professional Board of Directors member who will act as the steering committee chair
- Four MRTs (one from each discipline – magnetic resonance, nuclear medicine, radiation therapy and radiological technology)
- Two Students (one from the medical imaging disciplines, one from radiation therapy)
- An Internationally Educated MRT
Requirements for the YPASC are:
- All members must be either MRTs students currently enrolled in a CMA accredited program, or MRTs who are within their first 10 years of practice.
- All current MRT must be members of the CAMRT.
If you are interested in joining the CAMRT Young Professionals Advisory Steering Committee please submit your cover letter and your curriculum vitae to Phyllis Williams by Monday May 5th, 2014.
Leadership Development Committee
The CAMRT is currently looking to fill two positions on the Leadership Development Committee (LDC). Specifically we are looking for:
- One MRT in a leadership role within a radiation therapy department
- One MRT in a leadership role within a medical imaging department
The purpose of the LDC is to provide advice and support to the CAMRT board and staff regarding all matters affecting the leadership and management of medical radiation technologists, and accomplish this by:
- Identifying, developing and supporting tools and mechanisms to assist leaders and managers in their day to day functions;
- Conducting environmental scans regarding leadership and management related issues that concern CAMRT, its members in leadership/management positions and its stakeholders;
- Promoting networking opportunities for leadership and management members while encouraging sharing of pertinent information;
- Promote CAMRT membership to those in leadership and management positions within medical imaging and radiation therapy departments; and
- Promote leadership avenues to members through training and educational methods.
- Is an MRT employed in a leadership, management or supervisory position;
- Can attend and participate in one face-to-face meeting per year (with additional meetings as required), plus teleconferences as required (quarterly);
- Can commit to a two-year term of office;
- Must be a current member of the CAMRT.
If you are interested in joining the CAMRT Leadership Development Committee, please submit your cover letter and your curriculum vitae to Phyllis Williams by Monday, July 21st, 2014.